Respected Contributor

Summer is my least favorite season.  I like the early part of summer okay, but by this time of the year I am tired of the flowers, mowing, yard work, heat, humidity, and mosquitoes.  I even heard one of our sons remark that he was tired of summer and ready for it to be over.  I don't like to rush time at the stage of my life but I look forward to fall and cooler temps. 

Honored Contributor

I like to live in the present and enjoy each season as it comes.  I enjoy the long days of daylight in the summer and the green grass.  I also enjoy the beautiful temperature fall brings, but not so much the short cold days of winter and brown grass in my yard. 

Living in Memphis, TN, I don't have to deal with snow.

Respected Contributor

Not a snowballs' chance in (you know where) am I tired of summer!!  Being in the midwest we get freezing ice cold snow filled days with howling winds and short days for months on end!! I loath winter time!!  I wish summer would go on for months then only a few months of fall then right back to spring and summer time.  Let's just erase winter totally LOL

I notice those who live in the deep south or AZ hate summer and I do get that as it must be super uber hot humid in the south....and then 8mo's out of the yr it's terrific perfect weather minus all the awful stuff up north I get.  

I would love to live in a warm climate during winter....if I never saw snow again I would be perfectly happy about that.  

Please summer time never end....I LOVE YOUHeart

Honored Contributor

If only I could tolerate the heat. Sure, I still push lawn mower and tend to my planters and flower bed, but I can't wait to hop in the shower and cool off. On low humidity days, I like to read in the sunroom.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@KentuckyWoman wrote:

Summer is my least favorite season.  I like the early part of summer okay, but by this time of the year I am tired of the flowers, mowing, yard work, heat, humidity, and mosquitoes.  I even heard one of our sons remark that he was tired of summer and ready for it to be over.  I don't like to rush time at the stage of my life but I look forward to fall and cooler temps. 

Tired of flowers? 😮

Occasional Contributor

I’m in Charleston SC and summer starts early April /May and the heat and the humidity is getting old by mid August .  Our autumn is beautiful though with temps moderating and beautiful Carolina blue skies.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

I'm a hockey season guy. Cold you have lots of options in layering clothes. Heat? As you say, "ya can't go further than none"!  Although heat does not effect me as much as many, I will take my hockey season any ole time.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@ILTH  - I don't think I could ever get tired of green grass and flowers.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Lucky for you, we only have weeks of real summer left.  I can't really relate to this.  I don't know how anyone can dislike summer.  Well, I can see how homeless people would suffer but I imagine even they prefer an 88 degree summer day over an 18 degree day in January.

Trusted Contributor

I hate winter, but the end of summer is a close second.  My flowers are all "leggy" with yellowed leaves from the heat.  Weeds are having a resurgence in the heat, and my lawn has seen better days, even with a lawn service.  I had the windows open for 2 days because it was cool, and my husband remarked that it was the longest that he remembers having the A/C off. I am VERY uncomfortable in the heat! If I could live with my windows opened every day, I would be incredibly happy.