Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

I'm with you!

I live in the deep south and it's been 100 degrees (on the thermometer, not heat index) with very high humidity, for months now.

I'm tired of being stuck inside in the A/C, but my high BP doesn't allow me to spend much time outdoors in this heat/humidity.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

Usually I'd be waiting for fall starting in May but this year has been such a pleasant summer with our lower than usual temperatures that I'm not in a hurry for it to leave.  I just hope Sept. and Oct. don't turn out to be hotter than heck, and they very well could be....

Trusted Contributor

@FrostyBabe1 wrote:

Nope. There's something that I love about all of the seasons. While I'm not crazy about the heat and humidity that summer brings, I love the long hours of daylight and the opportunity to be outdoors. Soon enough it will be snowing and blowing, and people will be complaining about that. I refuse to wish away even a minute of my life because the weather may not be to my liking. 

I love your post. 

I live for summer. I hate fall and winter.  But, as I'm much older than I used to be 😃 and I have less future than past left, I agree with you about not wishing away a minute. 

Esteemed Contributor

I live in the northeast where our Summers are to short & our winters are way to long. I love Summer.I enjoy every single minute of it.I’ll take the heat & sunshine over freezing my a** off any day!!

Honored Contributor

Not at all.  I built the house in the woods so I have shade from the trees as the sun moves.  Love to sit on the deck with a tomato sandwich and read when I'm off.  Shadow takes a sunbath at my feet.

Esteemed Contributor

Though not my favorite season ... I have more days behind me than in front, so I'm learning to really appreciate each day as it dawns.

This has been a year of reflection for me ... not sure what it means, except the seasons bring renewal ... and reminders ... of things past.  

Honored Contributor

I hate this time of summer only because I know the dark dank days of fall and winter are coming.  Woman Sad  It makes me so sad. 

Honored Contributor

@SoX wrote:

Though not my favorite season ... I have more days behind me than in front, so I'm learning to really appreciate each day as it dawns.

This has been a year of reflection for me ... not sure what it means, except the seasons bring renewal ... and reminders ... of things past.  

@SoX 

Very nice sentiment!Heart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

I don't hate summer.  I hate the weather that is typical of summer in some areas.  Actually, I guess I could say that about winter also.  But with winter I also hate the darkness.

If I could have 70 degree days and low humidity it could be summer all year long for me.

Trusted Contributor

Summer in the Mojave Desert isn't a whole lot of fun.  Anyone with a lick of sense stays inside in the a/c all day.  It gets old.  Winter is the best, because there is still plenty of sun minus the blazing heat.  Day after day of 105, 110 degrees or more is boring.  It gets so hot in summer everything stops growing or keels over dead in the garden.