Honored Contributor

@gloriajean   Uh, what's Vegas?

Respected Contributor

Re: RE: PROBOARDS

[ Edited ]

There are many here that I would miss too if the Q decides to close these forums.  

I know some that post here do not want to go to the Proboard forums.  I respect their decision but I know I would miss them.  I enjoy reading the posts here, even if I disagree.  I have gotten such good information here from many of you.

Hope these forums remain!🤞

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Super Contributor

I post on both, but on Proboards more - posters are not as snarky there.

Trusted Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

i am registered there, but havent checked it out or posted in many months.

i find these boards so much cleaner looking in terms of layout, much easier to post photos, and easier to navigate in general.

hopefully QVC keeps this around for a long time. many of us really do appreciate it and enjoy it. thank you QVC!

That's another thing I like about proboards, there are different colors/themes for the board you can choose from your profile.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: RE: PROBOARDS

[ Edited ]

I post on both boards. Agree with the poster who said that Proboards has less snarky people then this forum. I just ignore certain people who have such attitudes. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Esteemed Contributor

@tansy wrote:

@Still Raining wrote:

It is remarkably difficult to set up a duplicate board.  You will lose posters and the type of moderation matters too.  Remember Vegas?  That fell apart.

We have had it good here for a long time.

Are you sure Vegas is gone, @Still Raining

I am still registered at Proboards but had a few bad experiences with mods and stopped posting.  I will try again if this place goes down.  I am sorry Melly G has abandoned the site.

@tansy 

Vegas is certainly still there, but it is shadow of its former self.

Honored Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

I signed up when it was started, but found it confusing, small print, etc.  I guess I didn't understand how it works, etc.

Somewhere else, I recently stated that maybe (in the future, if necessary) I'll sign up/subscribe to FB with a nic name and none of my private information or real location.  

Maybe I'll find a new Q Forums over there?

@ROMARY 

Good to see you.

FB doesn't have forums.  You "friend" and accept family and friends.  Under settings, you can lock it down where only friends can read and respond, and you can block other posters that are a pain.

I like FB because I can see things my DIL posts about our grandsons.  I also have a lot of former students, now adults on my friend list.

Honored Contributor

I like it there because you can set it up to not even see certain forums when you log in and only see the ones you want to see. There's also an ignore function there. And there they actually enforce their no political posts rule, well they have so far.

There are always negative things about any forum, I just read and post at both very selectively. Life is too short.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Trusted Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

I signed up when it was started, but found it confusing, small print, etc.  I guess I didn't understand how it works, etc.

Somewhere else, I recently stated that maybe (in the future, if necessary) I'll sign up/subscribe to FB with a nic name and none of my private information or real location.  

Maybe I'll find a new Q Forums over there?

QVC has a Facebook Group that people can join and post on:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/3830390967025406

“The fear of becoming old is born of the recognition that one is not living now the life that one wishes. It is equivalent to a sense of abusing the present.” Susan Sontag
Respected Contributor

The Primetimer Shopping Channel Forum is excellent in dealing with poster on poster harassment and persistent unwanted badgering.

Essentially,  the tolerance level for the behavior is zero.  Offenders are issued a few warnings and then expelled if the behavior continues.  

Quite unlike here.

The respect posters have for one another there is quite unique I find.