Honored Contributor

Does anyone know why all replies on a tweet cannot be read by everyone on the size?...If you have been blocked I understand but as a general rule most replies cannot be viewed.

Sometimes there is a line below the original tweet that reads....'show replies', but most do not.  

thanks.

Honored Contributor

Re: Question about twitter

[ Edited ]

It could be this is a way to block everyone who is not a follower.  It's one way to prevent others from making nasty comments in reply to their tweets and there's a lot of that. 

Only followers clicking on "show replies" would be able to see replies to that tweet.

However, I have no trouble accessing everyone's replies.  Except for those few I don't follow who block access, they all come up when I click on the tweet.   

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee Interesting,  I like to see replies with different viewpoints, that is why I wanted to see all replies.  

I don't follow a lot of people, will double check on those I follow to see if I can see all replies.  I think I could not see replies of their accounts but again, will double check, thanks!

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@Foxxee

I don't follow a lot of people, will double check on those I follow to see if I can see all replies.  I think I could not see replies of their accounts but again, will double check, thanks!

@Mom2Dogs 

If you are not seeing a lot of replies, then I think something else is going on.  

You can check your settings or ask your search engine, "Why can't I see replies on Twitter?"

Honored Contributor

Are you on your phone or on a laptop/desktop?  I never have a line or anything that says "show replies."

Here's an example of what I see when I click on a Tweet.  The replies are listed under it.

Tweet.JPG

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I can't help you with that, but have seen a line that says "show this thread" which is always an accessible link to see the rest of the thresd all at once.

Hope you find the answer youneed, @Mom2Dogs 

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach   Some threads do read...show this thread, some don't.  Even those that I follow don't always allow acces to their threads....I have yet to find out an answer.  

Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35   I use a MacBook Air, and I still have not found an answer to my question.

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@VaBelle35   I use a MacBook Air, and I still have not found an answer to my question.

Are you clicking on the actual tweet?  When you click on a blank space on the tweet (not on the photo), it bring up the thread and you can see all the responses.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Valued Contributor

I looked on my Iphone as I don't use Twitter on my mac. But it appears that one has to go into the message on the original poster's page or thread to see the replies, if there are replies. I think this is to shorten one's feed, much as FB does. Try clicking onto the message through the headline or the person tweeting it to open up a page with that message and some of the replies. Keep scrolling through the replies and they will populate. I hope this is possibly helpful.