Honored Contributor

Question about an Amazon refund

[ Edited ]

Maybe someone here can give me an idea of what to do

i have a large subscription order  come about the 20th of the month.  

It is  always several boxes and packages.  

This month everything came EXCEPT  one box,  with many items in it totaling over $200. They said the box was damaged in transit....undeliverable and going back to Amazon. This was on the 20th of January I received this message. 

the message  said when the package is returned to Amazon they will credit my form of payment in about 5 days. (Itwas a credit card)

so it has been about a week...no message or any updates  on where The box is or information  the credit due me. 

How long should I wait to get my credit? To hear back from them?  

What number could I call for assistance To talk to a person?

No tracking has shown since the 20th of January.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Question about an Amazon refund

I don't know if they still publish a phone number, I usually go into the order number then visit Contact Us, select Something else then select I need more help. If you need help over the phone, select Request a phone call from the customer service chat.. You will be asked for your phone number , click Call Now and your phone will ring within seconds. 

Have the order number ready and any other info that you have about the order.

Critter Lover! (especially cats!)
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden ...........The times I had a problem I did a live chat and got instant results.  IMO thats the easiest way to go.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

I think this is the customer service number I called last year and the rep apologized several times over and took care of the issue.  They don't make it easy to find this number though.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Contributor

As long as one does not abuse the privilege, hands down Amazon is the best when it comes to customer satisfaction. I would do as others have recommended and either start a chat sessions or ask for a phone call - in my experience the people answering go above and beyond to satisfy the customer.

Please report back after you have contacted Amazon.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden   You can get on amazon and click on 'help', scroll through, do a 'live' chat, it will eventually ask if you want to have a rep actually phone you to talk about your concern. The phone will ring immediately with a live person who will clear up your matter immediately. They're professional, polite and will do the right thing for you.

I know this because I've had a couple of issues and either had an extended live chat or a phone call. Solved my concerns once or twice.

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD  @gnomie1  @shoptilyadropagain  @Imaoldhippie  @We rescue cats  

I just got off the phone with a very nice CS person named Tian. She had the patience of a saint... it took at least a half hour to get back all the credits that came to $217.09 from the missing box.  I am glad I called rather than wait for them to credit me. Glad it is over and done, Thanks for the ideas of what to do.

Spoiler
Smiley Happy
Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden 

We had the same thing, but just 1 item. They emailed me and asked me the same thing. 

I prefer talking with Representatives, so I always call them.

My personal order was $23.96, and they asked me if I wanted a refund, or another of the same item sent. I opted for sending the item. It arrived 2 days later, undamaged.

Usually when I get asked that question about a returned item! Since I purchase most of my stuff from them? I opt for Gift Cards put on my account, in lieu of credit card refunds. It is much easier to trace, and it isn't long before my wife or I use it.

Call Them

hckynut 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

@hckynutjohn 

The gift cards are a great idea, I never thought of that. 

Honored Contributor

I have always had great CS from Amazon-- I have chatted on- line as well as talked to a real person. Last time was an example of how good they are--I bought a walker due to breaking my stupid ankle last Oct--was still in the box when I thought I would not be using it after all,  so I tried to returned it to get my $--about $60-- back-- but  walkers are not returnable and got a refund--but then a few weeks later I did start using it gladly, so I called back to have them charge me for it--they couldn't do that  and told me to keep it or donate it---I decided to donate the $60  to a local food pantry. I don't take advantage of things like that --- Want no bad karma after me.Woman Wink Have had a few lost packages as well and have always been satisfied with Amz's CS service.