Honored Contributor

I tried to change my pic here this morning...it messed up and hasnt let me back on the area to change it!!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

@CherryHugs,

Just by coincidence, I changed my avatar this morning.  I didn't have any problems.

From your description, it sounds like there was some kind of data corruption when it "messed up" and as a result you might need to clear all cookies/cache/website data, quit the browser, and relaunch it.

Then go to your profile image album, select an image, under "image options" choose  "Use Image as Avatar."

I hope that helps! Lots of tech bugs on this site, and I'm sorry you encountered one of those critters!😉🌻

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Thank you so much. Tried that and still cant change it lol. Oh well, maybe in a few days Woman Very Happy Yes must be a tech bug on mine lol.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

Several months ago I tried for quite a while to change my profile picture....after many, many attempts I finally got the job done.  I don't know what the problem was as I have changed the photo before.

Honored Contributor

Re: Profile Pic here

[ Edited ]

So far still cant change the pic lol. Even tried different browser. But maybe in a month I can change it lmbo. Never had this issue before now.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CherryHugs,

1 -- Do you have any luck if you go to "Edit my preferences" and choose "Avatars" and try to add one there, perhaps the default "silhouette"?

2 -- Is this problem the same no matter what image you try to use as your avatar?

3 -- Would you mind describing exactly what happens when you try to change/add your avatar (that might give us good clues)?

Sorry for all the questions!🙃😊  If I can't find the pesky bug causing this, maybe one of our fellow sleuths here will have a great answer.🕵️‍♀️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Woman Happy I so appreciate you trying to help me with this.

I tried the number 1 on the list.

This is what I get :

These are your approved images. If you don't see any images, it means that you don't yet have any images that have been approved. If necessary, go to your My Images page (the link is on your profile page) and upload a new image. After you upload an image, you must wait until it has been approved by a moderator before you can use it as your avatar.

I only have a Christmas one there.

Here  is what I usually do and til now has always worked:

I click on Profile, and it always took me to a place to change avatar. Now it wont do anything when I click there.  When there, I would just click on change and pick one saved on my laptop.

If you or anyone has any advice plz let me know lol.

Thank you! 🕵️‍♀️

Honored Contributor

I got it this time lol. Until today I had never gone to the pref and avatar setting. I didnt know to do that lol.

So I got a pic downloaded to use yay.

Thank you again for your help!!Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Fabulous!  You're welcome!  We did it as a team! 🕵️‍♀️
A peculiar file error was causing your avatar to appear as a wee, tiny dot and I'm guessing it needed a reset of sorts.  The link from your avatar to your profile was working (when we click/tap a poster's avatar it's supposed to take us to their profile, and yours did), but the image was distorted.  I am so glad you resolved it -- great job, @CherryHugs😊

Prancing Cat.gif

Honored Contributor

I so appreciate your help with this and happy I can have a pic again lol. I would have been trying for weeks to get a pic lmboo.  Man Happy Love the kitty dancing..I love cats Cat Very Happy  Thank you so much.

SwingingHeartThankYou-vi.gif