Honored Contributor

Preparing for Rosh Hashana

[ Edited ]

This year will be very different, my brother will be joining us for a BBQ we will sit out back and try to enjoy the holiday. Since I have a compromised immune system outside is a much better option, if it is chilly we can wear a sweatshirt

I will make sure we have Challah and I will buy some marshmallow twists, challenging my late Mom here.

It might not be a traditional holiday but we will be together

I am buying a few new things for the house, again challenging Mom, I miss her so much at this time of year, she used to love to fuss for the holidays

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Re: Preparing for Rosh Hashana

@I am still oxox, it sounds perfect.

Do you mean "channeling" your mom?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 

I thought that is what I said or was trying to say

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

@suzyQ3 

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@I am still oxox, you said "challenging."

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 

Must of been on of those spelling corrections that I did not catch

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

@suzyQ3 

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@I am still oxox, you said "challenging."

Honored Contributor

when the weather is nice for Rosh Hashanah we often eat outside, it's really nice

Regular Contributor

Yes, Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur will be very different this year!  I hope things return to some semblance of normalcy in 2021/ 5782!  

Respected Contributor

I just looked up what a marshmallow twist is. How yummy. Are yours chocolate covered @I am still oxox ?

Honored Contributor

@LizzieInSRQ 

Yes they are and we freeze them so they are extra yummy 

@LizzieInSRQ wrote:

I just looked up what a marshmallow twist is. How yummy. Are yours chocolate covered @I am still oxox ?

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox   I understand your feelings about new and different High Holidays this year. We'll be outside, too w/ our son, DIL and granddaughters....IF the weather co-operates (no rain). 

I'm thinking ahead to Yom Kippur for Kol Nidre and the prayer service for my parents and brother. We'll all meet again and hopefully replicate some semblance of services for the kids. 

Our synagogue is making prayer sheets available online or you can pick up books at the synagogue. Services will also be on ZOOM. 

This "new normal" is requiring lots of preparation for all holidays and family events. I'm hoping, too, that next year will be as before. @I am still oxox, the most important thing is continuing the traditions and being with family. Locations, etc. is secondary, right?