Trusted Contributor

@BeccaLou  I have been in your shoes and know how you feel.  I had the procedure done last year for AFIB and had a pacemaker put in a short time later and it is working fine.   Mine was done with the panels.  Recovery time was short for me.  My husband was a nervous wreck, but I was pretty calm.  Sending prayers to you both.  

Honored Contributor

becca lou,

I immediately prayed for a good outcome for your husband and for your peace of mind.

Your anxiety reminded me of my sleepless nights and living on the edge of sanity after my husband was diagnosed with lung cancer.

My heart is with you.  Do your best to look brave and stay well and strong.

Honored Contributor

Sending prayers.

See the source image

Honored Contributor

It's a common procedure. He will be in the best of hands. Say a prayer and please try not to worry.

Honored Contributor

@BeccaLou 

Cardioversion is not an invasive procedure. I have never had it, but several of my friends, a couple with Afib, have had it several times. They told me "there is not much to it", other than a "different feeling their 1st one".

Don't know what to tell you other than "try to relax a little", this is a pretty common procedure for millions of those with heart issues. 

Be easy on yourself, your husband will be fine.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Super Contributor

Sending good thoughts for your dear husband.

Trusted Contributor

Prayers for your husband @BeccaLou 

Respected Contributor

@katte Yes this is for afib, I  took the call for the procedure tomorrow. And I was glad my husband was at the store, I could tell the male nurse that called that I am terrified , and he explained all my questions and that did ease me more than some what. But it is done with paddals, one on  his back and one on his chest, it last about 20 seconds while he is sadaided . He told that he will remember nothing. And only a slight redness may accure where the paddles are placed.No grogginess either.Into recovery and should be fine to go home. But has to have someone drive him home. I will keep everyone updated. Tomorrow., Friday 11-22-2019..

Respected Contributor

@hckynut I am concered does it change their persoanality ?

Honored Contributor

@BeccaLou 

The friends I mentioned in my other post(s) are exactly the same as they were before this procedure. I will add again that they have had several. 

Now heart attacks with men? Some have a change because I think they are "shocked" into their mortality. Many live thinking "this will never happen to me". When it does, some are lost and also afraid. This can change their personality, but to what degree? Depends on each person and who they were pre-heart attack.

This should not have an effect on your husband. If it does, he is a man like none I have ever met.

Now relax and take care of yourself will ya? Gotta go, I am heading to the ice rink for my 2 hour skate.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)