Respected Contributor

My husband is having that procedure where they stop and start  the heart. I am terrified !! I am so uneasy about it. He says he is fine about it and it will be okay. Haven't told him my feelings. And I won't. I am having troubles sleeping, I hear him call for me a couple of times a night.But he is always sleeping when I check on him.I feel like I'm going to have a nervous break-down. So could you send some prayers my way also. Thank-You In advance.Does anyone know how long he may feel normal from this, and also does it burn your skin. Not knowing if they use paddles, or is it done with some sort of shot. We don't talk about it.

Honored Contributor

Re: Prayers needed .

[ Edited ]

My husband has had it 3 times, to no avail.  He subsequently had a pacemaker placed.  The pacemaker was 10 years after a heart attack which required surgery and resultant stenting.  The pacemaker was also a failure.  He has undergone ablation subsequently which did not work and he will need another ablation, but in the interim it was necesary to perform a nuclear treadmill at which they discovered he had coronary stenosis based on oxygen deprivation.  He is to undergo another catheterization and possible stenting or bypass surgery before he can undergo anoter ablation.  I will pray for your husband as you pray for me and my husband.  I understand your anxiety.  I have walked in your shoes many times. My husband also has BIpap for sleep apnea and has pulmonary arterial hypertension secondary to toxicity from medication used for the atrial fibrillation-flutter. He has had pericarditis and one cardiac arrest.  

Contributor

You have ALL of my prayers during this most trying time.  You must try to take care of yourself because your husband will need you to be strong.  Hopefully you have some family nearby who can help.  Maybe you doctor could give you a little something to help you through this.

I have been where you are in caring for my husband and feel for you.   Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.    Blessings to all involved !!!!!!!

Contributor

I have just said a prayer for you and more will be on the way.  Please call your doctor and share your concerns and fears and feel free to ask any questions you may have.  I think you may feel very relieved whe you have some answers from your doctor.  May God be with both of you as you go through this difficult time.  

Respected Contributor

@BeccaLou  Of course, I will say a prayer for your husband and also for you.  If unsure, I would jot down the questions and either call the doctor, or ask the doctor the next time you see him. Is it possible to just give him or his nurse a call without your husband being in the room if you think you may be more nervous or afraid to ask a question?

I'm sure he has done this many times and has heard every question that you want to ask before.

It's good that your husband if comfortable with the procedure and take some deep breaths, try to get your questions answered before too long so you can stop worrying so much. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Respected Contributor

Praying for you and your husband becca lou.

Frequent Contributor

Prayers and hugs coming your way for a complete and healthy recovery. Just remember  God only gives us what we can handle. All the best to you and your husband.

Honored Contributor

@BeccaLou I have walked in your shoes and I know what you are talking about.  Please know I will pray for you.

Maybe you should talk to the drs. about it and maybe without your husband so they can reassure you.  It is done all the time, but that probably doesnt help you.  Even if it is done all the time, it is not done to your husband all the time.

Please try to calm your fears, trust in God and as my friend says, "Let go and let God."  Hard, but keep it as a goal.

Bless you and your husband and best wishes and prayers for you.  

Respected Contributor

I don't pray but I will certainly be thinking of you both. I would be very nervous about this too but, this is routine. He will be okay!!! Sending positive thoughts (:  HANG IN THERE.  

Honored Contributor

@BeccaLou   Of course my prayers and thoughts are with both of you. I think your fears and sleepless nights can be relieved by knowing what to expect instead of thinking the worst. 

There will most likely be consent forms to sign before the procedure. It's best to ask all your questions now and be prepared for what to expect and care afterwards. Fear of the unknown can be paralyzing.