Honored Contributor

Prayer request please UPDATE

[ Edited ]

We are dealing with extremely hard rains, on top of a couple of weeks of excess rain. We are experiencing flooding like we have never seen on our property this morning and more rain is coming before the end of the day. We sit rather low, and so much rain is running downhill onto our property, that our pond is flooding into the front yard and there are rivers running around the back of the house.

We have experienced this one other time, but the rain stopped....it appears it will not this time....to give us time to drain. We've not seen this level of flooding in 23 years.

So far the house is safe, but I don't see how we won't take on water if we get another storm like the one this morning. There simply won't be enough time for everything to run off. Main problem is we live down hill from two big farm ponds, and they are spilling over because of the wetter than usual season we have had.

Asking for prayers that our homes are spared damage. Already have three drives washed out, and that we can repair, but both our home and mom's next door, are in a precarious situation until this all passes, which may not be until tomorrow morning sometime. 

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio you will be in prayers! We have experienced heavy rains here in Wisconsin too, but nothing like what you are describing. I will continue to pray for you! 

Trusted Contributor

@Mominohio. Will gladly do.    Please be safe.   For future floods maybe a diversion ditch below the ponds could be built so that any overflow would be sent downhill away from your homes to an area not inhabited.  The farmers around me have then to divert the water away from the fields to save their crops.

Our area is under flash flood warnings because of the constant rain .   I am on a hill.  I am lucky as long as my sump pump works.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio

Praying!!! I hope the rain stops and the water recedes.🙏🏻

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Praying that God will keep everyone and their property safe.  So sorry, @Mominohio.  Love and hugs.

Trusted Contributor

Sending prayers your way.  Stay safe.

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio  Praying that the Lord puts a hedge of protection around your and your mother's homes.  It is times like these that we really do see who is in control.

Stay safe!

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Valued Contributor

Prayers sent your way.  I also live in Ohio (Columbus) and I know what you are talking about, lots of rain and flooding.  Hopefully things will clear up soon.

Honored Contributor

Prayers to you and your family. 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Valued Contributor

Thinking of you and hope this will be over soon!