Honored Contributor

Has anyone been to a Pottery Barn Outlet?

I hope I can look forward to beautiful items!  We're getting one!

Respected Contributor

Years ago.  It was just okay.  I found prices still kinda high.  If looking for sheets, hard to find a complete set.  I've been looking at a pair of lamps for some time now.  I'd wish they'd go on sale.  I don't want to pay $379 per lamp.  Pottery Barn doesn' t seem to have sales very often.

Regular Contributor

As with almost everything, it seems their prices are higher since the pandemic.  If it's close enough and you can go frequently, you'll stand a good chance of getting deals.

We moved 5 years ago and I purchased quite a bit of furniture from PBO.  If you are looking for a particular item, you can give them your contact information and they will call you when you get one in.  As their items are sometimes damaged, I would ask the person calling to check it out for me.  I had success with the process.

They have weekly deals which is fun.

Esteemed Contributor

Most so called outlets seem to only stock a vastly inferior array.  Not items from retail.  I stopped going.

Honored Contributor

@ScrapHappy wrote:

Years ago.  It was just okay.  I found prices still kinda high.  If looking for sheets, hard to find a complete set.  I've been looking at a pair of lamps for some time now.  I'd wish they'd go on sale.  I don't want to pay $379 per lamp.  Pottery Barn doesn' t seem to have sales very often.

@ScrapHappy 

I paid a lot for my main GR lamps, but they are large and hand thrown, they look it.  They're perfect and I have only had one other set- ever.  I got what I wanted because if I don't every time I breathe I will say I hated the compromise!  I am THAT visual.

Super Contributor

I've been to one in Lancaster, PA. I think that's where I bought my duvet cover that I've had for years. I think it's a "real" outlet, not a made-for-outlet store, so what you get was in a Pottery Barn store at one time. The benefit of that is that it's the same quality you would expect from the main store. The drawback is that it can be hit or miss as to what is there. 

Honored Contributor

Yes I have several times though there is not one very close to me. However I didn't see much and the prices were still high. Maybe you'll have better luck than I did. I do like Pottery Barn and have some items there I've had for years though I seldom shop there anymore.