"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

Re: Positive Thoughts For Saturday...

Image result for positive thoughts for winter

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

A Sweet Surprise

My DB married late in life, to a wonderful woman of Irish heritage.

Out of the blue, she gave me a Cairn she made for me.  It is three rocks in a tiny tower, topped by a heart-shaped rock.  She did glue them.  Cairns have been used by many cultures to guide one along a path, mark a sacred place or represent spiritual guidance. A Cairn symbolizes direction, safety and hope for travelers moving along life's paths.  Life is balance.

She has endured back problems, and multiple surgeries.  While my back problems have surely been less severe, she is a constant source of encouragement to me.  After three months of warm water and land therapy, I am really getting better.  She goes to a warm water pool often, as I will now that my three day a week therapy if officially ending.  Of course, my amazing PT and doc will continue to monitor my progress.  

I look at my Cairn and reread her note:  "Your friendship and love are Cairns for us."  I thank God for all he has given me, people who love and care for me despite all my flaws.  May you all rejoice in all the love you receive, and I know you will all try to give love back, as I am trying.

Take care, my sweets.

Honored Contributor

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh