Honored Contributor

I was at work today as a stylist in a national boutique when I got a call from my DIL that my husband, whom had just ridden back to Western NC from Pensicola, Fla on his Harley with his friends for a week had an accident in our driveway.

Luckily, wearing his helmet, he put the bike in gear to put it in the garage, and the gear didn't catch.  The bike lurched forward, bucked him off five feet onto the pavement and he landed on his arm.  We will find out tomorrow if he has a broken or cracked rib and if his lung is deflated (which will require surgery) or has an air pocket.  He may also have the beginning of pnemonia.  The pain was so bad they were giving him the hard drugs that I find quite scarey.

This has happened after losing my second mom last week.  She was a wonderful lady and had humanitarian awards all the way up to the govenor's office.  She also did some work with the State Legislator.  

I have not had any sleep in a week and I feel the beginnings if a migraine.  Please send me your strength.

Blessings to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm so sorry, I know you are exhausted and that makes everything worse. Praying for you and your husband.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Please Send Prayers

[ Edited ]

I'm sending MY PRAYERS to you and your husband. So much to handle - but God will be holding both of you tight.

Trusted Contributor

@ECBG, you have had quite a rough time of it lately.  Again, I'm sorry for the loss of your 2nd Mom.   

I am praying for your DH and his speedy recovery and that you find the peace and strength you need.

Honored Contributor

Prayers for your husband and you, ECBG.  I hope he recovers quickly and that you have the strength and calm to carry on during this difficult time of your life.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG    So sorry to hear that the foul weather Gods have dumped on you again in such a short time.  DH is going to take some teasing for having ridden so far only to have a mishap in his own driveway.  We'll keep our fingers crossed that all will be okay.  I bet he'll be sore tomorrow. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I just realized that it's your husband who was injured. I HATE motorcycles!!!!! They scare me - no protection.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@ECBG    So sorry to hear that the foul weather Gods have dumped on you again in such a short time.  DH is going to take some teasing for having ridden so far only to have a mishap in his own driveway.  We'll keep our fingers crossed that all will be okay.  I bet he'll be sore tomorrow. 

@Kachina624,Thank you .  It seems you're always with me.  He's really going to be sore if we have to do that surgery, and he's a heart patient with angioplasty at 34!

Trusted Contributor

@ECBG

I'll be thinking of you and your dear husband.  I have heard that most accidents happen within 6 miles of home.  Your husband's as @Kachina624 mentioned will probably be something he talks about in the future (right in the driveway! after a long trip!).  Take care of yourself and get some rest.  You'll need it.

Valued Contributor

My prayers are with you and your husband.