Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@bajsf wrote:

Any thoughts on this...when a piece of jewelry is soldered on to you..no clasps.

A local jewelry store is having it this Saturday. Interested in it...bracelet or

anklet..or maybe even a necklace.  

@bajsf @If you need an MRI this might cause a big problem.

@Mindy D  The clasps are soldered together. The jewelry is not soldered to the skin. OUCH

You can remove the jewelry simply by cutting it off with scissors or another tool.

Of course you risk ruining the piece so the jeweler should be advising.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor
Absolutely not. I have a ton of jewelry and like to wear different things everyday. Plus, I never sleep with it on. I can’t fully relax when I am wearing jewelry.
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

I would only consider this option for an ankle bracelet.  I like them, but have lost so many thru the years, I don't even look at them anymore.

Honored Contributor

When I was in China, I noticed that many women had jade circle bangle bracelets that did not have closures on their wrists.

They could not be removed.  They were placed when they were children and as they grew, were now on forever unless they were broken.  They were very form fitting around the wrist. 

I have a 22k bangle bracelet that my son brought me from when he was stationed in the Middle East.  It closes with a small screw driver.  It is not easy to place or remove it from my wrist.

I only wear it for special occasions.  I would be terrified if somone wanted to steal it from me....would they hurt me, cut off my hand, etc. to get it off?

I would not want any jewelry permanently attached to me, especially anything of value.  

If it was a thin dainty chain, I guess it would be okay.  But, if it would not be easily torn away with a tug, no way....too dangerous.

Honored Contributor

I'm sorry, that is such a bad idea.  I woke up one morning not knowing I would slip and fall down our stairs and hit my face (cheekbone) on the bottom banister!  DH found me and called paramedics.  I was unconscious but could still hear..... they carried me to the waiting ambulance and I'd wake up for a small bit and then be unconscious again.

I wear a lot of jewelry and have four pairs of earrings on each ear.  Rings, necklaces and bracelets too.  Every day including this one.  I was rushed into a CAT scan and remember the voice of a nurse telling me that all my jewelry would be carefully saved for me (and it was).  Nothing was cut off, nothing was ruined.... and I was told that I had three brain bleeds and a concussion.

Next day the doctor said the bleeds had spontaneously remissed and my concussion would be okay.....

And my jewelry ended up being okay so I could wear it all another day!  Woman LOL

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

Mother Nature gave me enough permanent stuff on my body I'd love to get rid of, I don't need anymore added.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment