Esteemed Contributor

I never watch QVC because of all the repetition. I just turned the channel last night when Courtney Webb was on. She is great in her performance. She goes through everything thoroughly. This was the first time I watched for the full hour. She was presenting Lug bags.

Trusted Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

get the number and check it online will show all the colors

I got Apple computer and nothing shows up in Safari browser I have to go get one of my old Windows computers to see the size chart and use the Google browser.

@SharkE  We recently purchased an Apple computer and I can't figure out how to change browsers. We also use another computer with a different browser.

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

@Mimi 1883 

I'm not sure myself. I'm not changing just to satisfy QVC. Once you start monkeying around with these computers you have to figure out yourself or pay somebody else to figure it out for you if you mess up something.

I think QVC should have stuff set for ALL computers in first place.

Probably go to 'settings' and will give you a choice of browsers mine came with Safari and 99% of the time have no trouble only with QVC where I can't see the size chart is where I run into trouble.

I don't order any more unless it's something I can't live without and will die if I don't get it. LOL I've really cut back.

somebody in here will post the way to do it I'm sure. If not google

"how do I change browsers in my apple computer".

Honored Contributor

@SharkE  - and here I thought you were the techno-queen. 

Honored Contributor

No, those gifs and such I download off the internet and people have made for me.

I could figure it out myself, but, still think QVC should have open borders (LOL) for all computers and in my mind for what I pay for Apple they're the top of the quality ladder.  My Windows are krappy. I keep them for husband I go back and forth from mouse to mouseless, to Google to Safari.

I have to update everything in the house he won't do snot. Makes him mad to check our financial accounts because of the username and password, etc.   I have to run in there and do for him when I hear him screaming to keep down the rage.   ROFL

Esteemed Contributor

I saw the title "Please Rachel" and my first thought it was going to ask her to PLEASE not pick at the sample foods! I mentioned this once already but the other day the hull-less popcorn showed up on my Facebook so I clicked to take a look.

And there was Rachel with all the bowls of all the flavors of popcorn, poking around in those bowls and stuffing the popcorn in her mouth. It sure looked good but I doubt I'd buy it just because of the way she was eating it.

There's no way anyone else could eat that popcorn after she touched it, which is a terrible waste of food.

She's a very sweet host but the food demonstrations have to go.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

Re: PLEASE RACHEL

[ Edited ]

@SharkE and @Mimi 1883,   It's easy to download another browser -- I keep 3 of them available and updated on my desktop Mac (Firefox, Chrome, and Safari).   As @SharkE said, there are good step-by-step instructions online but it's not hard, isn't going to interfere with your other processes, and in the long run it will save you time and problems.   You can even automagically and quickly import things like your usual browser's bookmarks or contacts when you set up a new browser.   Just be sure to go to the verified official website when considering this:

examples:

"Download Mozilla Firefox for Mac"

copy and paste to read about it:

mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/mac/

"Download Chrome"
copy and paste to read about it:
google.com/chrome/

Unfortunately, years ago Safari dropped away from the list of the best ones, particularly when we look at security concerns -- Safari no longer gets the good marks they once did.   I can't even remember the last time I used Safari on my Mac, because it's just not as well designed at the moment (I hope they'll improve it in the future).   

Apple devices are wonderful and I've been a fan for many many years.   The Safari browser for mobile devices has continued to keep up with other software, but for computers Apple developers have dropped the ball.   If you'll do a search for something like "best browsers 2020" or "most secure browsers 2020" there are some great articles.    I hope you'll consider adding at least one secondary browser for basic troubleshooting and as a good backup when your usual browser goes wonky.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

QVC shouldn't discrimate against browsers. They should have their website useable no matter what browser one uses.

If they don't want my money then I can go elsewhere.

Honored Contributor

Re: PLEASE RACHEL

[ Edited ]

@SharkE wrote:

QVC shouldn't discrimate against browsers. They should have their website useable no matter what browser one uses.

If they don't want my money then I can go elsewhere.

@SharkE,  It's really not about QVC discriminating.   The problem lies with less-than-desirable programming by Safari developers.   There are problems with innumerable websites, it's just that we can't always see them -- many of the problems are not perceptible to the eye but they are software, or database, or security concerns.  What we see with QVC, for example, isn't really something they can or will change because (even though they have a dreadful website and poor tech support) it's not their failure in this case.   The problems need to be reported to Apple developers if anything is to be done.   (There's a feedback report link on Apple.com -- I could find and share it if anyone is interested.)   Adding a better browser would be more secure and also take less time than switching computers, when all is said and done, but I understand you might not want to add that to your "to do" list right now.   Heaven knows most of us are going through so many changes in recent months and adding more changes isn't necessarily a welcome idea.   Just hope you'll keep in in mind for the future.   Have a lovely day, and be safe!❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Trusted Contributor

@dooBdoo  Thank you! But, clear as mud to me. 😆 I know that you are "the computer guru 👍,) and appreciate your help. I searched all over the internet, YouTube especially, but found zero information, at least that I could comprehend, to change browsers. I even purchased two Mac books, but, honestly, I really haven't given them a lot of attention. My iPad, which I use 90% of the time, does Not play well with QVC. I do not use their app as it stated it's recommend for iPhones only, if I remember correctly. The pages load so slooooowly, and if I heart a post, it takes forever to accept. That's mainly why I don't post all too often as it's so frustrating and infuriating.

F/N/A luvstogarden