Honored Contributor

Re: PLANS FOR THIS HOLIDAY WEEKEND?

We live on the Bay in a beach town so this is the first weekend our kids and grandbabies come for a long weekend. They are here just about every weekend and some full weeks in the Summer..till Labor Day.

We will go to the cemetery to put flags on our Veteran relatives graves on Saturday morning. We have a parade on Monday morning and the rest of the weekend is getting the bikes ready for the summer, swimming, BBQ, and, all that goes along with a long weekend.

Safe Travels and Thank You to all who have served our country.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Shanus Please be careful on this weekend.  We're looking forward to some wonderful stories.

I'm working and Sunday is DS's birthday. Smiley Happy

@ECBG    Happy Birthday to DS 🎂!!! We had a fun weekend. Overwhelming to say the least. I wish everyone had name tags. 😁 Some of the family looked almost the same 3 decades later...a little older, grey maybe, of course. Some had children and grandchildren that I’d never met or knew existed. I’m sure it was easy for them to connect with just two of us, but over 35 of them? Wow!!!! Usually outgoing and willing to reach out to new people, I found myself sneaking away to just catch my breath and regroup.  

Great sales today if I get unpacked and laundry started. Home late last night and really a whirlwind weekend with many planned activities, religious services and huge meals at homes/restaurants...stuffed. Don’t think I’ll eat much today. My tummy needs a rest.

The Bat Mitzvah girl (my “new” second cousin) found out that during the “missing years”, I was a makeup artist and wrote me a cute note weeks ago about looking forward to meeting me and slipped in a request to bring my “stuff” & would I consider doing hers and her BFF’s makeup for the Sat. night party. Of course, I did and had a blast. They both had long waist length hair that they asked if I knew how to do the French braid that wraps around the head like a crown. After that, I was THEIR bff and I did an appropriate 13 yr. old’s makeup look. Of course, I brought my “sparkles” to add to their hair. After all, my granddaughter who’s a few years younger, always wants that....so was prepared. I even brought temporary sparkly tattoos. Friends for life! Wonderful weekend. Thanks for asking @ECBG . Have a great day! I hope Asheville is cooler than the 97 we expect today. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus WoW!  Thanks for sharing your fun packed trip!  I'm sure you're breathless after that one!

We're likely to meet another record high of 90 degrees here.

My DILove didn't get DS's birthday din on her calendar!  With all they've gone through with their house burning down a month after Christmas, keeping two boys in the same school zone, and moving to a rental from a vacation home a month after losing their home it's a wonder they can even breathe!

When I finally connected with her, she was showing a house and he had the 7 yr old at the pool.  I thought.  "Good, he needs a rest from the stress; I wish I could do something for her."  We did keep the boys last weekend so she could take DS off for his birthday.  She's such a blessing!

We're on for Tuesday evening.

Have a lovely day!  I'm on from 11 am to 4 pm., then on to Sams.

Honored Contributor

@MarthaStewardess wrote:

Working Saturday  thru Monday 

@MarthaStewardess   Well, that counts as plans, just not sure if that’s the ones you’d choose.