Honored Contributor

Re: Our Clocks Spring Forward Soon!

I love it, I can not wait for it to still be light at 7 PM

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

@NickNack 

DLS is about 9 months long (75% of year)......compared to these 3 months (25% of year) so I leave my 1 clock on DLS. Just the way I like to do it. 😉 (shrugs shoulders) Ludicrous maybe.

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Respected Contributor

I love DLS.  Over the years they keep starting it earlier and ending later, so I feel we should stay at DLS.  

I don't even bother changing the clock in my car anymore.  So many items and appliances now automatically adjust,

Esteemed Contributor

@FlyersGirl wrote:

@MalteseMomma  Is your birthday March 8? So is my BFF! Happy Birthday in advance!

Now for the "bad" news. DST is "spring forward". You lose an hour on March 8. So your Birthday is 23 hours, not 24. Woman Sad

My birthday is Halloween. Before the end of DST (fall back/gain an hour) was changed to November, it was the last week of October, so I have had a few 25 hours birthdays. This year, DST ends on November 1, so that day is technically a 25 hour day, although I am claiming that hour as mine, since it is the night of my birthday, lol. 

@FlyersGirl   hahahahaahhah

So it is...thats what happens when you are 82!!!.....lol

Respected Contributor

We don’t change our clocks in Arizona so we are either on Mountain time or Pacific time. The one advantage of the time change for us is that certain shows on cable won’t start so late. Better Call Saul started at 11 o’clock last night 😳. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here is Southeastern Wisconsin, we are bracing for a Snowstorm tomorrow! 6-10 inches of wet, heavy snow! Our short lived Spring doesn't really start until end of April, ealry May and then right into Summer.....Last year we had a snow storm on April 13th.....

Honored Contributor

I'm another one who would like to see standard time all year long.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not to pick at nits, but it's Daylight Saving Time, and not "Savings", as in "Savings and Loan.

There is no "S" at the end of Saving.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

Hooray - I can't wait.  Going on Daylight Savings Time always lifts my spirits.  More evening hours of light makes me happy.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the heads up, live in Az so happy no time change but we have family & friends back east we call always look at the clock before calling so not too late or dinner time for them. thank you