Honored Contributor

Re: Our Clocks Spring Forward Soon!

[ Edited ]

So wish we were one of the states that doesn't respect this outdated ritual.  But thanks for the heads-up, as I don't have a choice but to comply.

I celebrate the seasons and looking forward to Spring!  Celebrating the seasons has nothing to do with our bodies having to adjust to the time demands of the clock.  If working, this is a challenge....if retired, you can accommodate your wake-up time.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Much healthier .....wish all states were this progressive.  

@Meowingkitty wrote:

E61D2AC4-9795-44F0-89F4-31B4C1CA285F.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

I love Daylight Savings Time. I love Spring.Though lately Spring in the Northeast hasn't been so nice. But I'm hopeful!!

I'm grateful that we haven't had a bad Winter. Temperatures have been decent.Although we've gotten quite a bit of rain it's a whole lot better than snow ⛄️.

I absolutely love the warm weather.I love the clothes I wear.I love the sunshine.I love the BBQ's, the ice cold beer & the Summer fruits 🍉. I cherish every minute!!
    Bring it on!!! 🍺🍉☀️

Honored Contributor

All my decorations on timers will turn on when there is a lot of daylight left. The sun won't set until 6:45 in just two weeks.

Esteemed Contributor

@Tangocash wrote:

March 8... Hooray!!!

WOW!!! I get an extra hour of Birthday,this yr.  Just what I need at  82..........lol

Esteemed Contributor

@Meowingkitty  You are lucky not to have DST, It's silly and outdated.  It is only an hour but surprising really has an effect on people!   Just have to roll with it I guess if we want to be on time!!  LOL

Respected Contributor

I opened a window yesterday it was 60! Very unusual for February. Snow later this week.

I only have to change my alarm clock and watch.

Honored Contributor

Spring is coming.  I don't want to get too excited because we still have March an the first half of April to get through; that's winter weather here and anything is possible.  We generally get a bad ice storm during those months.  However, it's been a strangly mild and practically snow free winter for us so maybe we will dance right into Spring.

Trusted Contributor

@MalteseMomma  Is your birthday March 8? So is my BFF! Happy Birthday in advance!

Now for the "bad" news. DST is "spring forward". You lose an hour on March 8. So your Birthday is 23 hours, not 24. Woman Sad

My birthday is Halloween. Before the end of DST (fall back/gain an hour) was changed to November, it was the last week of October, so I have had a few 25 hours birthdays. This year, DST ends on November 1, so that day is technically a 25 hour day, although I am claiming that hour as mine, since it is the night of my birthday, lol. 

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

Ugh!

Why can't we leave clocks exactly as they are now?

i agree!

lets just stay on standard time and forget changing the clocks and daylight savings time!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein