Honored Contributor

@ECBG ............why not another Kenmore why would you be wanting another brand when Kenmore worked so well?

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@sassenach1 wrote:
Another recommendation for Speed Queen top load. A workhorse that will hold up for a long time. Made in US.

i had to buy a new washer not in love with the speed queen

hate the lid lock, hate it , hate it 

no soak cycle

Trusted Contributor
SPEED QUEEN!!
Esteemed Contributor

I second the poster who said Maytag.  I got one in July I think and the poster's description sounds like mine.  I love it.

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@ECBG 

So sorry! That's the pitts!

I have LG washer and dryer and they are great.  Have had them for 12 years.  Got mine at Lowe's.  

@AngelPuppy1 

I have an LG refrigerator because I thought it was the prettiest stainless steel, looked like spun silver and it has served me well for 12 years.  Knock on wood!  It matches the stainless steel color of my GE high profile stove and microwave.  I have a Bosch dishwasher and not as happy about it as I wish I were.  I heard so much good about it and perhaps I got a lemon, but it has not proven its mettle.  

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

@ECBG ............why not another Kenmore why would you be wanting another brand when Kenmore worked so well?

@Imaoldhippie Our Sears closed.  Is Kenmore sold somewhere?  ThanksSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I don't want to brag, I'm afraid I'm going to jinx them, but my Kenmore top loading washer and dryer is 20 years old. My husband did replace the belt in the dryer once, but that's it. I would never spend a lot of money for a washer and dryer, the salesman at the Sears place years ago told us the equipment is pretty standard in all these appliances and the more bells and whistles on the appliance the more it has to go wrong with it. My 20 year old Kemore appliances were not the most expensive in the line, but not the cheapest.

Honored Contributor

Re: OF COURSE!!!!!!

[ Edited ]

Are all the Sears stores in Asheville closed?  I dont know.

However I ordered mine online from Sears about 5 years ago.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

We recently got GE and I pretty much like it.  I'm a 'top-loader' girl, so it's that.

But one thing to look for with the new washers is some sort of 'extra fill' (or something like that) button.   It matters a lot because, otherwise, they don't fill as much as they used to.

I didn't even know all that and just happened to luck out that mine has this feature.

Honored Contributor

I have a Whirpool front loader I purchased from Costco approximately 10 years ago.  I bought the matching dryer at the same time because they were a stackable unit because I was thinking of moving.  I do not have them stacked because the would block the window in the laundry room.  I love the front loader and as long as you leave the door open a bit they do not smell or grow mold like I have heard people complain.