Honored Contributor

My clothes washer just died!  It was a large capacity Kenmore from Sears.  I bought it when the boys were in middle and high school, and it could easily handle that  heavy denim with two teenagers!!!

What's good these days Ladies?  Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Re: OF COURSE!!!!!!

[ Edited ]

From one who does not like a front-loader, I have a top-loader with a see-through window/door, Maytag (10-year warranty) and I love it.  My DH purchased it on line and I thought I would hate it because I never cared much for Maytag and there are personal reasons for that.  Needless to say, I love it.  It has delicate, heavy duty, large sheets/blankets, hand-wash, cold-water, silks, delicates, tap water, wrinkle-control, etc.  It does everything but cook my breakfast.  

Honored Contributor

speedqueen......top loader.

you can adjust the water level.

7 year warranty.

LOVE it and have had it for about a year now.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@ECBG 

Let me add one little thing with the above reminded me.  It finds the water level you need and you do not have to adjust your water level unless you so choose but it will find it for you.  Like the dryer when it knows your clothes are no longer wet, the washer knows when your clothes are all wet.

Valued Contributor
Another recommendation for Speed Queen top load. A workhorse that will hold up for a long time. Made in US.
Honored Contributor

Must be the season for appliances to go wonky.

My friend and neighbor had his refrigerator go belly up. 

Then 2 days later, his stove stopped working....but just the top part, not the oven!  He’s an electrician, so he knows it’s not electrical.

A quick story about washer and dryers.  So I’ve told you guys about 2001, we had lightning hit our house and couldn’t live in it for 5 full months.  The house looked like a war zone.  Insurance eventually had to replace everything( they always replace all electrical equipment anyway.

So, the next day when my husband walked in the house, he’d been away on business, we are all standing in what used to be the living room and there was a knock on the door.

Wed forgotten we’d just bought a new washer and dryer and they were delivering it!

My husband told them they’d have to take it back to the store because there was no longer any place to put it until the house was repaired.

The delivery guys were really upset, so my husband took them downstairs to see where it would one day go.....they walked out shaking their heads!

Five months later another washer and dryer was delivered, courtesy of the insurance company.

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG , I just replaced from Kenmore Elite heavy duty HE after 14 years of service.  I like HE and don't want to go back to top load.  I bought a a Whirlpool HE front load after a lot of research.  I am about six months in and I like it.

I also replace my Kenmore Elite fridge.  It was still going but I thought it would soon die.  The wait time for black is five weeks.  I bought Whirlpool again and not so happy with that one.  I find it loud.  

Good luck.  Hate replacing these as quality seems so poor these days.

If you want model number on washer, let me know.  LM

Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

speedqueen......top loader.

you can adjust the water level.

7 year warranty.

LOVE it and have had it for about a year now.

@sunshine45  Had mine for five years, still going strong. It is a pleasure to do laundry in this machine. 

Honored Contributor

@ECBG 

So sorry! That's the pitts!

I have LG washer and dryer and they are great.  Have had them for 12 years.  Got mine at Lowe's.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

My clothes washer just died!  It was a large capacity Kenmore from Sears.  I bought it when the boys were in middle and high school, and it could easily handle that  heavy denim with two teenagers!!!

What's good these days Ladies?  Thanks!

@ECBG   Oh Fig! What a thing to go dead at the holidays! We purchased a Bosch washer/dryer front loading years ago and love it. We got the one that also handles huge loads since we have king size sheets and lots of towels each week...especially the large size bath sheets instead of bath towels. They're also very quiet and the laundry room (although a separate enclosed room) is at the end of the kitchen/great room/sunroom, TV room, etc.