Honored Contributor

Re: November 2020 Back Fence

How's Colleen doing @Epicurean 

Well, I didn't expect the wind to come back yesterday and it did with a vengeance.  We even had some flurries that basically blew around because they weren't wet enough to hit the ground . The sun is shining and it's finally 31 degrees (10:45 am Eastern Time).  My outside birds have eaten twice, the squirrels have come by and I'm periodically warming the outside water bowls - they were frozen (thick layer of ice on top this morning.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

hey all

birdmama, we didn't get flurries but it is mighty cold outside today. nor'west wind is howling here.

not much here today.

did many chores

took morn walk

folded 1 load of clothes,2nd load in dryer

not much else. later guys

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

We sure got the wind here.  Wow.  Lots of leaves. I have never seen them collect at the storm door like that. It was like someone Iopened a bag and dumped them. They were mostly oak leaves. They had just picked up curbside  so my yard looks terrible.  I gave all the demos back that merle had. Dumb me.   We had some of the battery operated leaf blowers  which would have been fine for me to get them away from the  doors.  I have one gas one but  irs much too heavy.  so I went out with my stiff broom and picked up two construction bags full and stuck them in trash which you're not supposed to do.  Oak leaves arent so good cause they don't break up like maples.  Of course I have no oaks in My yard.  
still waiting for my first stumulus check, my front window that came in wrong color and blinds for the kitchen that were cut incorrectly.  Everything is on bo. Never imagined I would have this mess for so long working with two reputable companies too.  But the sun is shining today  and pretty soon I will fill relaxed. Nothing like a sunny day to restore me.   Keep safe.   

Trusted Contributor

Birdmama,thanks for asking about Colleen. She's doing much better. She's off the respirator and should have her trach out. She will then be moved to s step down unit while they find a rehabilitation facility. They have to find one that can care for her heart pump,so it might take a while. She wants to go home. That's a good sign. She has a long road ahead of her. The Drs are pleased. They want her home for Christmas. He hubby said the other night that he was concerned about that as she only has stood by the side of the bed and there bedroom/bath is on the upper floor.it will be a while before she can go home,but she supprised us all by pulling through. She's a strong woman for sure.

Honored Contributor

hey all

EPI glad Colleen is doing better.

just a check in, nothing major new here. Did 2nd walk not much else.

later guys

Honored Contributor

My ma was on a ventilator and a stomach peg (for feeding) the year she passed.  For anyone who doubts the Creator, the most miraculous thing for me was seeing how quickly the hole in my Ma's throat closed up when the trach was removed.  Same thing with the stomach peg.

I'm so encouraged by this news @Epicurean  and I continue to pray for Colleen's recovery.

Honored Contributor

hey all

very little news here

same ol'

chores,wash,walk,fold,lunch finish up on computer,that is all for now.later guys

Honored Contributor

hey all

wasn't feeling well this morn, called doc office.got an appoint this afternoon.

I have a UTI and bladder infection on 2 meds for that

i did get all chores done and both walks in.

not much else guys later

Respected Contributor

@viva923   You take care,drink lots of water. Hope you feel better soon.

Honored Contributor

Oh no @viva923   UTIs are the worst.  I used to get them so often my doctor said he was checking me for bladder cancer.  I told him, are you kidding me, did you need to go THERE?

Suffice it to say and thank God, I didn't have bladder cancer.  My last UTI was August 2008, yea it's that memorable, lol.