Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

Today.  I thought I was doing OK for a couple weeks now, but yesterday I slept until noon.  So not like me.  I haven't been able to bring myself to do my daily exercises for four days now.  And I've been crying all day.  I can't stop.  I don't know why or what to do.  I can't stand it much longer.  

I just don't know how to deal with it any more.  

I'm surprised more people don't feel like you do.  I have had a few of those kinds of days too.  This is a tough time, something we've never been through before.  if it continues, call your doctor's office to set up a tele-health call so you can talk about it and he/she can determine if you need a little help (anti-depressant or something).  

I have a sister who is immuno-compromised.  This has been very difficult for her too.  Her only outing is that she'll drive to my house and sit in her car at the end of my driveway.  I sit on my steps or deck 18-20 feet away and we talk for a while.   

Don't be too hard on yourself.  Give yourself a break.  

Esteemed Contributor

I suffer from depression and anxiety and I make sure that i watch lots of comedies and I read a lot of books. I did a spring clean up and I also did my spring planting watching those beautiful flowers has been very helpful to me. I will continue my exercises as well. Good for you for keeping it up. For everyone here God bless be well!

Super Contributor

@Snoopp wrote:

@VivianI told my mother to turn off all new reports and not watch any (she is still tempted but it gets her upset so why do it).  I asked her to avoid all of that reporting for at least a week and to only pick up her mail 1x per week.  If people step away from the news, I think it can be a tremendous help.  Hope your mother calms down.  

I have done exactly that...stay away from all news (even my local outlets) and social media as well. At the beginning, I was in the same boat as the OP, I had my therapist on speed dial and even called into one of those 24-7 helplines. I didn't know how to cope at all...until I stopped reading news and the dire "end of the world"/panic driven publicity seeking posts on social media. Being honest, I am not fully ok as I have chronic anxiety/OCD/depression but I am at least coping right now by working from home and I have started to read and I have heard adult coloring is a stress reliever..trying that as well to stay occupied. Also, not usually a big tv watcher but even doing that too as some of my old favorite shows are having marathons.

I am not superstitious, but I am a little stitious.
Super Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

Please find a professional to talk to the world right now is a very difficult place, there are a few online services that work very well.

Please turn off the news it is very depressing to watch

Wise words. Speaking to someone does help. My county has a 24-7 hotline for help. There are several national ones as well. There is even one you can do through text message. I have utilized these and it has helped. Also, speak regularly with my therapist has also helped. But the thing that has most helped...turning off the news. Again, let me repeat....Turn. Off. The. News.  

I am not superstitious, but I am a little stitious.
Honored Contributor

Re: Not Doing Well At All

[ Edited ]

I have stopped watching the ongoing news every day and it is very helpful.   Going online and looking at fun and funny stuff, listening to some good music, watching some good movies, watching funny and cute animal videos, deep breathing and some relaxing, keeping up daily routine and doing my skin care, get dressed every day, getting some fresh air daily. Praying and some quiet time. This is all helping me alot! Exercise almost daily and if I feel like crying i just cry it out. Wishing you the best!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

If you have the means, please check out this website.  You will be matched with a counselor who can help you.  The struggle is real.

BetterHelp.com

~ house cat ~
Occasional Contributor

Sounds like depression which can be caused by many factors....If it continues,..you need to see a Doctor.

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

Today.  I thought I was doing OK for a couple weeks now, but yesterday I slept until noon.  So not like me.  I haven't been able to bring myself to do my daily exercises for four days now.  And I've been crying all day.  I can't stop.  I don't know why or what to do.  I can't stand it much longer.  

I just don't know how to deal with it any more.  

I'm so sorry.  This is a very tough time.  

I understand.  I've struggled with depression for 25 years.  It was under control and I was doing so well for so long.  It's really getting to me now that I've been cooped up for 4+ months.   

Don't be embarrassed to talk to your doctor or a counselor.  Maybe you need a little help through the pandemic.  Millions of people have asked for help.

The best things for me are to work in my yard and walk my dog.  I can't do it all at once anymore but I try to work outside most days.   I go into a zen state of mind and don't think about much at all when I work outside.  When I'm done, I'm relaxed and in a good place.

I take my dog to a nearby cemetery early in the mornings and we walk its streets and watch the ducks, geese, cranes, bluebirds, etc that gather at the pond.  My dog and I also walk up and down our street a lot.  

The thing that drives me nuts is "we're in this together."  No, we aren't.  I don't see anyone stepping up to help my elderly dad or me (I'm over 65 and at risk).  I don't see enough of the general public caring enough about others to wear a mask to help stop spread.  I'm not as bitter as this sounds.  But I'm very disappointed in people these days. 

Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart - Thank you SO MUCH for your post. I tend to be a pacifist, but I would like to grab a whole gang of the loudly screaming "JUST STAY HOME" advocates and lock them in a vacant house on a far away uncharted island and get on my surfboard and wave goodby.

The best hour of my day right now is the hour when I practice my euphonium. There are very reasonably priced musical instruments at Amazon. A Kalimba makes lovely sounds, an ocarina can too, and neither require much more than printed instructions to sound like a sea breeze.

Pick out some music on YouTube and dance to it. Just yourself. Let yourself go with it.  Sing. Sing as loudly or as softly as you want.

Others? Paint, crayons, clay? Macrame?

My left brain is getting much too much input. Working my right brain gives it at least a tiny bit of balance. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Not Doing Well At All

[ Edited ]

@rms1954 I don't have any words of wisdom....as this drags on, I am struggling a bit, too.  Just wanted to say I hope you are feeling better these days.   🌷