Respected Contributor

Re: Need Christmas Gift Ideas Please

Christmas type flowers, amaryllis or other are wonderful IMO. White Flower Farms has some nice things to consider. Maybe a wreath?

Respected Contributor

Re: PuppieRe: Need Christmas Gift Ideas Please

[ Edited ]

I agree, lighten up people. Puppies make everyone smile. I see so many elderly people with dogs they walk everyday. Brings them outside & in contact with life. 

But I do understand, puppies need a lot of work, training etc. 

Honored Contributor

A lightweight shawl or ruana for chilly nights 

Jigsaw puzzles she can do alone or with friends

Crossword puzzle books ( they make some nice ones in large print if that helps)

Flameless candles with extra batteries- great to have in the hallway or bathroom, or decorative plug-in nightlights ( so important to prevent falls)

Home delivery of groceries that she chooses.

Honored Contributor

If she does visit friends, then maybe a nice bag with rollers for her things.
Respected Contributor

@FreedomShopper wrote:

I don't know if this is possible for her and for you to do...  2 yrs ago we got my mother in law an Alexa device.  She was losing her vision and was unable to read, so Alexa read audio books, via our local library and a program they supported.  (Hoopla Digital)  I got it all set up for her and in one yr. she had gone through over 200 audio books.  Alexa was more of a friend to her.  She is gone now, but she truly in the end enjoyed having something to talk to her, read to her, give her the time and temp.  I made and printed up a list of commands for her to tell Alexa.  I blew up the font to a level she could make out. 

She loved to tell Alexa to turn on and off lights.  She felt so empowered by it all, and yet she hated technology.  In the end she didn't see Alexa as technology, Alexa was her eyes.

And if her library doesn't have that program - you could give her a subscription to Amazon Audible.  Or if her eyes are still fine  Kindle Unlimited - or Hulu or PBS Passport etc.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ThinkingOutLoud 

I just saw the T34105 Plush Elephant.

It is adorable and does many things.

Although it is a toy for a child I know many seniors who just adore receiving these items.

They make you smile and laugh and you want to go back and do it again.

The item is free shipping today only, would make a very unusual and unexpected gift that I have no doubt would bring a smile to a face.

Just a suggestion.