Honored Contributor

Re: NPR Tiny desk tribute concert for John Prine

@dooBdoo 

Thanks for the heads up! It sounds wonderful

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo 

Thanks again for the heads up! I just finished watching it and it was fantastic! Did you see it?

The big surprise @Estates was Rita Wilson singing summers end?! Who knew? I certainly didn't

Honored Contributor

I saw John Prine in concert in the 70s and have been a fan ever since.  I was sad to hear of his passing.

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@dooBdoo 

Thanks again for the heads up! I just finished watching it and it was fantastic! Did you see it?

The big surprise @Estates was Rita Wilson singing summers end?! Who knew? I certainly didn't

You're welcome, @Andreatoo.!

Sorry to take so long to reply...  I haven't been posting for a few days, so I'm trying to catch up.

It was a lovely tribute, and I admit to having teary eyes along the way.   I'm glad you enjoyed it.

And then the release of his last song, "I Remember Everything."   So poignant.

"...I've been down this road before

Alone as I can be

Careful not to let my past

Go sneaking up on me

Got no future in my happiness

Though regrets are very few

Sometimes a little tenderness

Was the best that I could do..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L21Tc_DtL6M

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

I saw John Prine in concert in the 70s and have been a fan ever since.  I was sad to hear of his passing.

That's wonderful, @CalminHeart!    I wish I had seen him in concert.   Such a talent, a poet, an artist, and it's easy to see that his legacy will live on.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

I stumbled upon a streaming concert on YouTube Tuesday night. Hayes Carll who I happen to think is most Prine-like of the contemporary artists.

He said that he had watched the tribute and then told a wonderful story about his interactions with John and then dedicated one of his songs and performed one of John's.

Here are a couple of examples of his music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4JmrcEXfi4&list=RDRg7xapmAnfo&index=33

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5j6fcCAF-Q&list=RDRg7xapmAnfo&index=30

Honored Contributor

Thank you, @Andreatoo!   So many times posters have talked about how much we'd appreciate a music sub-forum...  I know there will be no more changes to the forum listings, based on the comments by the moderators, but it would've been a nice addition 'way back when the Community was still being modified.   Oh, well.  (sigh)

Thanks, again!😊