Honored Contributor

As We Shop For The Best Item........

[ Edited ]

Do you find that you're the one that will shop at several places to get the superior food item?

If I mention, please get the ---- at--------, I get "I don't wanna get out of the car" frown, frown, frown.....Smiley Sad

I don't mind to do that at all if I'm out.

So if you SHARE shopping, does it all fall on you?

(Not a new challenge-unfortunately!)

Respected Contributor

Re: As We Shop For The Best Item........

nope, if I think there's going to be any hunting involved I go to Amazon.

Honored Contributor

No..My town has two grocery stores...Walmart and a smaller store. If I can't get what I want in town, it's a no go...and I rarely ask dh to go to the grocery store.

Esteemed Contributor

No. We have 3 grocery stores a few blocks from each other.  If I can't find what I want, I go back home.  I try to avoid WM.  My DH goes with me, so we are in & out as quickly as possible 

Honored Contributor

When I shop(?) I know exactly where I am going and pretty much what I am going to buy. More buying, I guess, than actually shopping.

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

My spouse goes to the food store every Sunday gets 1 kaiser & 1 hoagie roll -- that's it & doesn't do any food shopping other than this!  Even the bakery lady knows his "routine" and has his rolls bagged & ready when he arrives.

I asked him to get me 1/2 & 1/2 about 3 weeks ago -- he came home with whipping cream😳🤷‍♀️.  (I ended up using it to bake last week)

He has no interest or desire therefore I have never asked him.  Works perfectly...I get what I need and it's "right"😉🙂

Honored Contributor

@Bhvbum wrote:

nope, if I think there's going to be any hunting involved I go to Amazon.

@Bhvbum What if it's a fresh /frozen item?  Crab cakes??

Raspberries, romaine?

Honored Contributor

The only time I will do that is around Christmas when I bake a lot.  Other than that I shop at mainly one grocery store where I can get all I need.  If my SO goes alone he usually goes to WM and will get anything either of us needs. 

Esteemed Contributor

We are lucky to have several options for food shopping.  What we do is change it up, every week alternating stores so I can pick up what I like at certain places.  We only eat organic meats so we buy at whole foods or the local butcher.   Then we have a local seafood store, on and on.   We are definately those people!

Honored Contributor

DH and I used to do the food shopping together BV and we would go to Aldi first and then Walmart.  Occasionally, if we couldn't find something at either store, I would go later in the week to another store by myself to track it down.  Sometimes in the Sunday paper if I see the coffee he likes at a substantial saving, I will go and get it.  Now, we order some things from Aldi to be delivered, and the rest I pick up at Walmart.  I will go to another place for something if there is a very good price.  DH is all for the just go and get the food quickly - no shopping around for better prices.  I would rather shop around and get better prices.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin