Honored Contributor

On Friday, tomorrow, our state enters Phase 2 although yesterday showed a marked national increase in COVID19 cases. Our mall is open with/ only a few stores, no sit down eating facilities and limited restrooms. Food Court is limited to a few and touchless payment only. Gyms, hair & nail salons and bars will not open yet.

Masks are suggested, but not required by servers in the local restaurants. I'll be staying away for awhile since the governor still suggests that seniors and those at risk stay home or are out briefly w/ masks and social distancing. 

Many restaurants have chosen not to open since it is too costly for them to remove tables, keep capacity to below half the patrons as before, keep their bar closed, but hire cooks, wait people, order the variety of food, etc.

It would be so much less confusing if ALL cities/states had the same rules and regulations. Now, they're quite different. 

Honored Contributor

All states cannot be treated equally, when it comes to reopening.  

The virus hit states differenty and can and should  be on different reopening schedules.

Honored Contributor

Re: NC ENTERING PHASE 2

[ Edited ]

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

All states cannot be treated equally, when it comes to reopening.  

The virus hit states differenty and can and should  be on different reopening schedules.

@Mom2Dogs   Apologies for being unclear. I meant when the different states reopen, the rules/regulations should be the same.

Honored Contributor

More testing = more positive results. What's more important to me are the asymptomatic positives, along with the "positives that required immediate hospitalization".

We have all seen the news that testing is more readily available recently than in past weeks, and it only stands to reason from that will come more positive results. The numbers alone tell me very little about what is, and what is not safe, referencing re-openings.

My view of looking only at certain  increasing numbers, with no further breakdown of what they actually should mean to me.

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)