Respected Contributor

Re: My shoulder is sore from flu shot

I've only ever had the flu shot once, and that was 20 years ago. I did get one this year though.  I got it Thursday.   Today is the first day my shoulder wasn't sore,

Honored Contributor

The pharmacist who gives my flu vaccine has a flawless technique. Last Friday, I finally convinced a friend who is very afraid of needles to get a flu shot and drove her to the pharmacy. He told her “ I am going to count to three and when I say three, I will give you a tiny stick with the needle” . He sticks you after he says two. He is putting on the bandaid while my friend was sitting there with her eyes tightly closed, waiting for the needle. Am so glad she got her flu shot and hopefully she won’t be as afraid now.
Honored Contributor

I bit the bullet and got my first ever flu shot over the weekend at Meijers.  I filled out a form, went to the pharmacy, waited about 10 minutes while they ran my insurance and then the pharmacist took me in a room and gave me the shot.

I never even realized he had given it to me.  We were talking and next thing I knew he told me I was done.  Never felt a pinch.  He did tell me my arm might be sore the next day.

That night it started to get a little sore so I started to do circle exercises with my arm and never had a problem again.  

Contributor

I can not take the flu shot because I am allergic to eggs. I wonder if the pain in your shoulder is a side effect from the shot?