Respected Contributor

Re: Miami school bars COVID vaccinated teachers.

@Foxxee wrote:

I'm not going to pooh, pooh this school until more information is available.

The CDC is reporting around 60% of those getting Covid now have been vaccinated.  

It's also reporting increasing deaths and serious side effects in all ages in those who have received the vaccine.  This vaccine is experimental. 

Since it works differently than the flu vaccine no one knows the long term effects.    

The vaccine doesn't prevent anyone from getting Covid, it keeps the person from getting a severe case of it; however, there is treatment available now that works very well for those afraid to get it.   

Personally, I don't think masks work very well, not the fabric masks most are wearing.  Viruses are very tiny, smaller than bacteria, and can pass through this fabric. 

The best way to prevent any virus...cold, flu, or Covid, is to stay away from and don't touch anything those who have it touched.  

This vaccine being given now is not a cure as is  observed by those getting Covid who have been vaccinated. Pfizer is working on including a Covid vaccine in with the yearly flu vaccine, so it will be around in the future.    

Don't question me about what I said here.  It's readily available from CDC and elsewhere. 

According to the CDC, less than 6000 people out of 83 million fully vaccinated peoples have gotten Covid which comes to 0.007%. That number could be underestimated as about 30% of those 6000 had no symptoms. Please tell me where you get your data from. It is very likely. that there will be the need for boosters as immunity decreases with time.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@beach-mom wrote:

?

I guess private schools can do what they want!

I don't know that this is totally correct, @beach-mom. They have to abide by the law, although they can appeal to the courts and do so quite often.

@suzyQ3  I’m on the NY/NJ border. Our Catholic grammar school never closed and the NJ private HS near me never closed.

@proudlyfromNJ, slow here but I'm not sure how this applies to my post. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@beach-mom wrote:

?

I don't know that this is totally correct, @beach-mom. They have to abide by the law, although they can appeal to the courts and do so quite often.

@suzyQ3  I’m on the NY/NJ border. Our Catholic grammar school never closed and the NJ private HS near me never closed.

@suzyQ3   Sorry, it doesn’t. I’d delete if I could.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@beach-mom wrote:

?

@suzyQ3   Sorry, it doesn’t. I’d delete if I could.

No worries, @proudlyfromNJ. Thanks for your response.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

Oh my gosh, what a great idea. Not!  It's ironic that an educational system has drawn such an outlandish conclusion.

I think we have a crazy, common sense eradicating virus, circulating amongst us, too. Something in the water? Smiley LOL

Respected Contributor

@Foxxee .  I think you have  have your numbers very wrong. The CDC has reported that fewer than 6,000 fully vaccinated Americans have been diagnosed with Covid or .0007%  of the 84,000,000 with full protection have been  diagnosed with Covid. An extremely small percentage no where near 60%. It is this type of misinformation that is so dangerous to put out to those who are skeptical of getting a vaccination. 

Honored Contributor

@reiki604 wrote:

@Foxxee wrote:

I'm not going to pooh, pooh this school until more information is available.

The CDC is reporting around 60% of those getting Covid now have been vaccinated.  

It's also reporting increasing deaths and serious side effects in all ages in those who have received the vaccine.  This vaccine is experimental. 

Since it works differently than the flu vaccine no one knows the long term effects.    

The vaccine doesn't prevent anyone from getting Covid, it keeps the person from getting a severe case of it; however, there is treatment available now that works very well for those afraid to get it.   

Personally, I don't think masks work very well, not the fabric masks most are wearing.  Viruses are very tiny, smaller than bacteria, and can pass through this fabric. 

The best way to prevent any virus...cold, flu, or Covid, is to stay away from and don't touch anything those who have it touched.  

This vaccine being given now is not a cure as is  observed by those getting Covid who have been vaccinated. Pfizer is working on including a Covid vaccine in with the yearly flu vaccine, so it will be around in the future.    

Don't question me about what I said here.  It's readily available from CDC and elsewhere. 

According to the CDC, less than 6000 people out of 83 million fully vaccinated peoples have gotten Covid which comes to 0.007%. That number could be underestimated as about 30% of those 6000 had no symptoms. Please tell me where you get your data from. It is very likely. that there will be the need for boosters as immunity decreases with time.

Thank you for clariying @reiki604 .  

Honored Contributor

proudlyfromNJ

I am from NJ also and worked in an urban area at many schools.

Honored Contributor

It is a private school so people do have choices.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@DiAnne wrote:

It is a private school so people do have choices.  

@DiAnne  This is not true and they must abide by the law or go to court. I thought so too but was mistaken.