Honored Contributor

Re: Miami school bars COVID vaccinated teachers.

[ Edited ]

If it makes folks feel any better we're not talking about a popular school here.

There are those that parents plan in advance to secure a spot for their child/children.

Ransom Everglades, Archbishop Curly, Miami Country Day......I've been here 42 years and have never heard of Centnor.... There are also some public magnet programs that not only do you have to qualify academcially there are so many applicants they have to do a drawing!

Centnor: Pfft

Honored Contributor

It's some wacky crazy political thing.  Any teacher could get the vaccine and just not tell them.  They know that.  The teachers know that.  

Honored Contributor

It is a political thing, Google reveals more about that.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

The National Educational Association needs to sue the state of Florida on behalf of the teachers to educate students and have everyone have the highest degree of safety.

Respected Contributor

The truth is always stranger than fiction.  The current research on how to make injections to either combat disease or cause sterility in animals is now more like something out of a bad and frighening sci fi horror movie than anyone would think.

Esteemed Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

According to the CDC, less than 6000 people out of 83 million fully vaccinated peoples have gotten Covid which comes to 0.007%. That number could be underestimated as about 30% of those 6000 had no symptoms. Please tell me where you get your data from. It is very likely. that there will be the need for boosters as immunity decreases with time.

@reiki604 

I don't believe everything I hear from CDC is accurate, some is, some isn't, they have been all over the place during this pandemic; however, the 60% that was posted has been confirmed by reliable sources.  If that 60% number turns out to be untrue, I will say so. 

You think the 6,000 CDC reported, if accurate, is minuscule compared to 84 million.  You're not concerned...but could it increase in those vaccinated when all restrictions are lifted?  Also, how long will immunity last?  Some possibly only a few months, others longer?  

I haven't heard the vaccine was guaranteed to prevent Covid or reduce its severity.  Does anyone really really know yet?  It's experimental. The truth should be revealed after restrictions are lifted.  

Except, we are seeing some people getting Covid who have had the vaccination, so at this time, how can anyone guarantee others won't get it.  

Lastly, you said around 30% of the 6,000 would be asymptomatic.  Did CDC say that?

Explain why those who got asymptomatic Covid after they received the vaccination would report something they don't know they have?  Same with those who got it before the vaccination, unless they were tested.  How many in the U.S. were not tested?

Doctors like to give their opinions. There is speculation in the news that some who have had Covid before getting the vaccine may get it again, but I haven't heard that to be true.

@FoxxeeDoctors don't give opinions like you or I.  They have science from which to draw some conclusions.  Please for the love of all that's true, MEDICINE is NOT an exact Science.  The doctors can't know anymore now about how the vaccines will fair until they know.  They are using estimations based on this type of virus and how it behaves.  Aside from the fact that it has mutated.  Science is not fullproof, exacting!

That is why "they have been all over the place."  I'm so sick of hearing this.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Teachers in this school are not unionized and do not work under any contract.

Discussing whether it was legal for the school to fire teachers for receiving a vaccine, employment lawyer Carter Sox with Gallup Auerbach told CBS4: “Generally a private employer in Florida can fire someone for any reason or no reason at all.”

There are limits to "at will" firings, @Johnnyeager 

Yes, there are limits @suzyQ3 .  Nothing this school is doing would keep them from firing at will.  They aren't doing anything illegal.  Illegal firing is discrimination of some sort.  They are safe to fire away.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

Whether you agree or not - these vaccines aren't "approved" - merely authorize for emergency use by the FDA.

If you read the small print on the release form you signed - you'll see that they have no idea what all the reactions and/or side effects are or will be.

Florida Dept. of Health form ... excerpts ....

I understand that it is not possible to predict all possible side effects or complications associated with receiving vaccine(s). I understand the risks and benefits associated with the above vaccine and have received, read and/or had explained to me the Emergency Use Authorization Fact Sheet on the COVID-19 vaccine I have elected to receive. I also acknowledge that I have had a chance to ask questions and that such questions were answered to my satisfaction.

And take no responsibility for what happens to you after the injection:

On behalf of myself, my heirs and personal representatives, I hereby release and hold harmless the State of Florida, the Florida Department of Health (DOH), the Florida Division of Emergency Management (FDEM) and their staff, agents, successors, divisions, affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, contractors and employees from any and all liabilities or claims whether known or unknown arising out of, in connection with, or in any way related to the administration of the vaccine listed above.

People take risks every day. Messages about the risks are on a lot of things....cigarettes, alcohol, speeding, surgery, certain dental work, some foods, and countless other things. It may not be in writing but it's identifed in some way. It's already been shown that reactions to the vaccines are rare other than perhaps feeling a little bad after the 2nd one. Not big deal.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Whoever is denying that the CDC recommended wearing 2 masks is incorrect.  A google search very easily reveals that back in February of this year, the CDC put out a new mask guideline/recommendation. The following is from a CBS news article.  I also saw the double mask recommendation being spoken about on GMA by both Dr. Jennifer Ashton and Dr. Jah, who also spoke about it on the CBS morning show.

After months of demands for federal health officials to update mask recommendations, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention announced new guidelines Wednesday that include wearing well-fitting face masks or two masks at a time to help curb the COVID-19 pandemic.

The updated guidance follows the release of new research from the CDC which tested various masks in a lab setting and found evidence that combining a cloth mask over a surgical mask could dramatically reduce both the spread of the virus to others and exposure to the virus oneself.

The CDC's new recommendations advise Americans to select masks with a nose wire that can be adjusted for a snug fit, and to use a mask fitter or brace to better seal their masks. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

It seems no matter what choice a person makes it always seems to have a consequence regarding life these days.

Your freedom to choose is subjected to recourse.

Living has become complicated due to covid and directives. Individuality is questionable.

There are some who do not want the vaccine while others say it is a must. As a society we all live together and diversity is all part of it. 

Mentally covid is destroying us.

Amen to all.