Frequent Contributor

I felt compelled to tell you this... My father in-law was is a farmer... Nearing 80 stubbern hard of hearing and an angel of a man!we live near each other our properties touch. I have a little shihtzu who became diabetic 2 years ago in August. I walk 2 miles earlymorning most days. He loves the horns the waves from neighbors and employees of our companies. He went blind from diabetes about 1.5 years ago early november.my little dog went to ct.from NY set upeyesurgery early Dec.surgery  $5000. Husband said  has to be done that's anniversary ,Christmas for us .we work seasonal . He got his surgery things are perfect 1.5 years later... But  Christmas eve father inlaw  showed up To our door  hands

me the money said don't worry this is for you! Mind vou he lives very plainly big house coal heat ,loves yard sales. He showed me compassion on that day beyond my comprehension... We continue our walks grandpa pulls his chin hairs and laughs .i am and will always be humbled by this and blessed.   Maryanne

Honored Contributor

Re: Love compassion and a dog

Maryanne, it's right that you share a story of your father in law's generosity and kindness.

God Bless Him

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Thank you for sharing your story! That was so sweet of your father in law!
Trusted Contributor

Beautiful touching story. Thank You
Esteemed Contributor

Leaves no doubt in my mind the character/the heart and the soul of this man, your father-in-law. It is stories such as this that restores faith in the kindness of human beings.

You will seldom see a story such as this in the media, as they think these great stories won't sell their brand. To me they might at least try as they are underestimating the number of compasionate people such as your father-in-law.

I hope all continues to go well for your little dog.

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

I agree with John - this man has the soul of an angel for sure. In-laws can be truly super can't they? Hope your little buddy knows how much he is loved - am sure he does.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

There are truly earthly angels, who also walk amongst us.

They display such extraordinary wisdom, empathy, and such a wonderful caring giving attitude.

When we witness these events they truly make us feel so blessed keeper of the koi, and rightfully so, but to have one in the family is truly a very special gift from above.

Esteemed Contributor

What a wonderful man.

Respected Contributor

Beautiful Maryann, just beautiful!

Honored Contributor

This is what love and family is all about..Smiley HappyHeart

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."