Esteemed Contributor

Re: Looking for QVCAddiction

@Desertdi 

@Desertdi wrote:

@Black Cat Back wrote:

I think they moved the post we were writing on.  I wrote you Friday night, but you probably didn't see it.

I hope we can chat now and then.  Sorry it took me awhile.  Busy week, I get home so late from work and then am exhausted.  I work on a computer during the day, so going on sometimes after work is not my #1 thing to do.

I hope you are doing well.  Not sure how we'll be able to chat.  You are in my heart!

FWD:   @QVCAddiction 

Thank you Desertdi for showing TennisBuf and I to remain in touch with one another.  

Trusted Contributor

@Sage04 

Thank you for your sweet message.   It's special to see two hearts wanting to feel closer.   Thank you for your sweet thoughts. 

@Desertdi 

How kind of you to want us to know we could keep in touch..  Thank you!

@qvcaddition 

Thanks for your message.   Beginning of the week always busy.  Going to work isn't my favorite thing.  Wish I had a job like they say isn't work because you love it so much.  At this point, my job is a paycheck.  There is one gal who is 40 and she keeps competing with me.   I've been there for 7 yrs and she's been there for 2.   I am old enough to be her mother.  I'm not in any competition .  How do I say, she acts like I'm her assistant just because I'm her backup on the phones when she's away.  She's the customer service person.  But she makes comments like I'm her assistant.  It makes me laugh.  I always think people like that are just so insecure in their own skin.   I've been having such vivid and odd dreams.  Nothing scary, but just things in my life past and present but they are so vivid.  Sleep is my escape from my worries.  I have no problem falling asleep or staying asleep, but when I have such dreams I awake kind of sad sometimes.   It's weird what we're thinking about when we dream.   I find my time at night my escape from the worries of the day and future.   There are days I feel so immobilized to even do anything I need to do.   I think the loneliness is part of that.  If I had friends here who were people I could count on, I don't think I'd feel so scared and worreid all the time.

Your holiday dinner menu sounds yummy.   I have a few recipes I do a good job on... chicken recipes, I make a really good homemade pizza, chili, but I haven't mastered the art of making a turkey (I do turkey burgers) or a hen.  I love to bake.  But I hesitate to do so when I'm alone.  I would bake for my parents all the time and enjoyed sharing it with them.  But alone, it's too much sweets in the house and too much for me. 

Have a good night and day tomorrow.  Knowing you're there gives me courage to face the day.  Love ya!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Black Cat Back 

Good to hear about your day.  It seems like in some jobs there is always someone that wants to one up you.   Sometime it,s jealousy.  I worked for a Engineering firm, Corporate office  and one co worker was so jealous, she spread bad rumors about me.  I had learned to document every day on the job. One year later, I sued the company  and won  a settlement.  I think she had something on one of the bigwigs . Everyone feared this woman, and no one  would help me, so I sued.  We went to trial and my documentation  and other proof, plus my excellent evaluatios won my case. Funny, no one stuck up for me, but after the case, two women who worked in same office, called me at home to help them get an attorney and wanted to know how and what to do.  I politely said, Figure it  out and hung up.

Most of my,,jobs I loved.  I worked well with men for some reason. Being a single Mon with three babies in the 60,s  it was not easy.

I would love to work today a couple days a week with the public, because, I'm a  people person, but though I,m told I don,t look it, i'm 86.  I have the energy and I feel older people can do better customer service jobs.

Your recipes sound good.  Love pizza.  I never liked Turkey,, but loved The Honey baked ham.

I know what you mean about desserts.  I hate store bought marshmallows. My sister makes her own and to die for. OMG , I couldn,t stop eating them. She sent me a lot along with her home made hot chocolate. 

Come the holidays, I get her care packages and so look forward to them. Oh,, her rum pecans yum.

You could bake deserts,  freeze some, take some to work, or make little pkg. for neighbors.  Great ice breaker to meet people. Plus if you love to bake, it's good therapy and. you have fond memories of your parents.

During the winter, I make lots of soups. Ministroni. I can,t spell it, but I can make a good one.  Split pea soup. Melanie loves it. Chicken soup. She also loves it.  I make a big. Pot and eat it for a couple of days. Give some to  my Gen Z neighbor, which she loves. Then I freeze some. I find cooking is great therapy.  

Talking about dreaming. I,m lucky to sleep a few hours. I Fall asleep at 9on the couch, watching TV, wake up around  one, then lay there watching a movie on my ipad.until 3.  I don,t take. naps during the day.  I haven,t had a dream in quite awhile..  Melanie sleeps on the couch with me, then she cuddles in bed next to me. She is not a big dog.  She is a mini poo. White with a pink nose.  Kids will stop me when walking her. and they say,"I like your dog;". 

Have a good week, and do something  good for yourself on the extra day for the weekend.  Are there shops you like to explore?  Maybe a movie?

I use to wait for someone to do something together, and when there was no one, I learned to do by myself.  I was in my 60,s and 70,s.   It's harder now and covid changed a lot of things, but don,t close off , you are still young. You can not meet people if you close down.  Sometime we have to push ourselves.  I know, I was scared when I ventured out by myself, but got so used to it, I felt proud I could and it wasn,t scary anymore.  I took tour bus trips and always met someone on the bus to talk.  I just feel for you being  down.  Hugs 😍

Esteemed Contributor

@Black Cat Back 

Addiction? Addition?

Same person, or no?

hckynut(john)🥅🏒 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

@hckynutjohn 

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@Black Cat Back 

Addiction? Addition?

Same person, or no?

hckynut(john)🥅🏒 🇺🇸

It,s. qvcaddition.  Same person. You are sharp. I didn,t notice it myself and it,s me.  Thanks for bringIng it to my attention.

I like the Hockey stick , puck and American Flag.   I can do symbols on my texting, but not on my ipad.

Valued Contributor

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@Black Cat Back 

Addiction? Addition?

Same person, or no?

hckynut(john)🥅🏒 🇺🇸

Hi John....

a while ago you said you never eat dinner and you don't eat much processed food....

so my curiosity has been aroused......What do you eat in the course of a day ?

Do you cook for yourself since your DW is pet sitting so much ?

You can respond, if you would like to, in the KITCHEN thread.....

Esteemed Contributor

@qvcaddition wrote:

@Sage04 

@Sage04 wrote:

@qvcaddition  and @Black Cat Back  I must say I enjoy reading your Posts. Hope you will keep Posting to each other. Hope it's ok to keep reading and I must thank @Desertdi  for notifying @qvcaddition  about the Thread.

Keep on Posting and I must say I am looking forward to reading. A pleasant week is wished to both of you.

The Posts really warm my HEART!!

Thank you so very much.  I didn't know know @Desertdi  was the one that able TennisBuf and I to be notified.  I thank you and will thank Desertdi.

We will keep it going as long as we are not removed. It helps a lot.  I do try to make it shorter, but I talk a lot. Before Covid I was out in the world a lot, but a lot shut down, so I had to keep myself busy on my own. I am interested in alot of different subjects, so my day is full. Thank you again and keep reading.

You also have a pleasant week and keep safe. 

@qvcaddition  Thanks very much. Keep on Posting and I will keep on reading.

Super Contributor

This is a nice thread, hope anyone lonely realizes that there are always people here to communicate with.  

Trusted Contributor

I'm so sorry.... QVCAddition..   I missed that.   Probably started the post when I was tired.  LOL.

I'm heading out the door for work.  I was too tired to write yesterday.  Long day. 

I can write more later.    Looking forward to getting Friday off for Veteran's Day.  Inching closer to a long weekend.  

Thank you @pinkcrystal for your kind message.

Thank you @hckynutjohn for your keen eye. 

Have a good day... will check in after work today!!   With love and hugs!

Esteemed Contributor

@Black Cat Back 

Please don't worry when you can't answer.  Sometime I can't find us on here, so we always might have to do like you did to find me and I will do the same, unless you can figure how to get us on that other post to register.

When ever you find time to post, doesn't have to be everyday, just when you feel like it and have the time.  No worries. Hugs and hope your day is great at work and after.