Trusted Contributor

I think they moved the post we were writing on.  I wrote you Friday night, but you probably didn't see it.

I hope we can chat now and then.  Sorry it took me awhile.  Busy week, I get home so late from work and then am exhausted.  I work on a computer during the day, so going on sometimes after work is not my #1 thing to do.

I hope you are doing well.  Not sure how we'll be able to chat.  You are in my heart!

Honored Contributor

Re: Looking for QVCAddiction

@Black Cat Back wrote:

I think they moved the post we were writing on.  I wrote you Friday night, but you probably didn't see it.

I hope we can chat now and then.  Sorry it took me awhile.  Busy week, I get home so late from work and then am exhausted.  I work on a computer during the day, so going on sometimes after work is not my #1 thing to do.

I hope you are doing well.  Not sure how we'll be able to chat.  You are in my heart!

FWD:   @QVCAddiction 

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

@Black Cat Back 

@Black Cat Back wrote:

I have been looking and didn't see the post.  Now Sunday morning and I am running behind, so I will post later in day to you.  Hope you have a good Sunday.

Sun shining here.  I've had a few good things happen this weekend and one thing that made me sad, but I prayed on it for comfort.  Will explain later.  Thanks for reaching out and will get back this evening.  Running late, but wanted to check.

You are in my thoughts also and include you in my prayers everyday.  Talk later, posting my tag is the way we can communicate.  love and have a pleasant day.

Esteemed Contributor

@Black Cat Back 

I looked, and they moved the post.  Don't know why, it wasn't political, maybe I spoke too much.

We have to figure some way to keep in touch.

Trusted Contributor

So glad you found my post.   Thanks for responding.   Have a good Sunday also and I will also check in later.   My weekend has been uneventful.   Enjoying some nice walks but no one here has texted or called, so it's very lonely.   I'll be ok, but it hurts when I reach out to them but they don't in return.   Overwhelms me, but I trudge forward the best I can.  Take care!    Thanks for being there. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Black Cat Back 

Glad you are walking. It rained yesterday Sat., so I went to Traders Joe's which i usually love, but it was awful.  Haven't been there in a few months, cause I have to travel a little to get there.  I could find p I usually buy. 

The clerks are very nice, but people were rude which I won't elaborate.  Calif. is getting that way and the roads are dangerous with the driving. I have eyes in the back of my head and almost got hit twice.  They just pull out or if you are trying to back up, they pass right behind you. Once I tried to go forward after backing up, the car kept coming. I was exhausted when I got home. At least, I didn't spend much money.

Was going to go to Costco today, but will hold off until I get a free day Thurs.

Well, I did stop to buy 4 lottery tickets, but the 711 store wanted cash, which I didn't have and he wanted me to use the ATM machine. I said no, forget it.  There was a man behind me in line and he said, how much is it? I was getting four tickets, so he told the clerk, I'll buy them for her, which left me speechless for a change.  Of course I protested, but he insisted, so I thanked him.  He wouldn't give me his phone # so if I won something I would share it with him.  He said enjoy.

I did get his license in case I won a good amount I would have tried to get some to him, but didn't win anything, except the nice man and his generously.  He showed me there are still nice people.

The other nice thing that happen was Monday night in my mail, I got the Calif. gas tax rebate.  It was in the form of a credit card. Depending on your income is the amt you get.  My sons will be getting about 700.00.  I am very low income, so mine was less, but a god sent.  Very grateful.

The one sad thing was I found out my daughter gave herself a 60th BD party and of course, I was not invited. It was at a big hotel in town and Black and White attire.  In fact the guys had to wear tuxs.  I would not have known it, because my sons said nothing so my feelings would not get hurt.  I was sad, had my cry.  I could not call a close friend, she has alzheimers.

Another friend died Thursday.  She was two months younger than me.  Life throws you good and bad and you have to move on and not let it get you down too long.  I'm OK now, but was sad for awhile.

Melanie and I walked today, the sun was shining and it got a little warm.  Then I worked in the yard for awhile cleaning up leaves and cutting roses. Almost time to prune them next month.  I have 36 rose trees and bushes., plus lots of other flowers.  I get the neighbors leaves to clean up.  

I do have two redwood trees in the back that lose pines.

Now the weather is gloomy and it's suppose to rain.  We sure need the rain.

I get tired of texing, but that is the only way my half sister in WA and I can communicate. Once a week, she calls me and we are both talkers, our Father and Grandmother was also, so we talk for hours about anything and everything.

She loves talking politics, but I will only go so far, because we our on opposite sides of the fence and I don't want to argue with her.  My half sister is 54. I was 32 when she was born to her Mother and my Father.  God rest their souls.  I loved her Mother.  I introduced her to my Father.

I will reach out to someone a couple of times and if they don't show signs of reaching out to me, I stop. 

I really am sorrying there are not more people in your life.

What about where you work, anyone to get a friendship going?

I hardly have anyone in my life, and I don't work, but try to keep myself going during the day. Taking care of myself, a dog, a yard, a house and errands pretty much fills up my day and 2.5 hrs of bike, treadmill, weights, etc.  I'm busy.  So far so good for my age.  I am going to volunteer again come spring if I'm still around and I hope to be.  Well time for dinner.

What type of work do you do, if you don't mind me asking. You don't have to tell me if its too personal to put on this post.

I think the only way we can communicate is the way you got in touch, by putting Looking for QVCAddiction and I can do the same.  I still don't know why the post was moved. Nothing was out of line.

Please have a pleasant evening and a good day Monday. Again, you are in my prayers, and I send my love and hugs.

Look forward to hearing from you again.

Trusted Contributor

Hi....

What a nice man for buying you the tickets.  Restores my faith a little in humankind.  There are few like him for sure.  I hope you win!!!   I bought a few tickets, but I never win.  I almost feel bad wasting my money that could go to gas or help at the grocery store.  Winning would solve a lot of problems for sure. 

So sorry about your daughter not inviting you to the party.  That is so unkind.  I learned after my Dad passed that family can change on a dime.  I have two older sisters, but they got a lawyer after he died (my Dad was not a man of weath) to make sure I didn't get more.  They never helped me nor did they visit my parents when they were living.  I spent over $50,000 on lawyer fees.  I had to send them a bunch of things they demanded like pictures or silver, china... whatever... and now they have never been in touch since.   i learned in my grief groups I went to that this happens quite often. It hurts so much that they walked away and for what?   My parents would be heartbroken to know they did this to me. But in your situation, it's cold and heartless to not invite you.   Your daughter should feel blessed to have her mother at 60.   I would long for my parents to be here now.

Where I am it's about 75 today.  It's sunny a lot here in AZ.  Summers are horrible and unbearable at times.  I love this time of year.  Rain is so rare here, so when it does rain, I love going for walks and being outside watching it.  If it gets above 85 though... it's getting too hot for me.  This is the time of year that electric bills are lower.  I rarely use the heater.  In the summer, the A/C goes constantly.

I work at a local city in the area.  It's not a high paying job, but it has good benefits and a pension.  I had worked previously in healthcare and my hospital was sold so I was laid off after 20 years. The city job took me 18 months to find.  Been there 7 years now.  I have "friends" at work, but they all have families.   They don't invite me to anything knowing I'm alone.  Most holidays, I serve at the Salvation Army here.  I stopped during Covid.  Still, it's lonely on Thanksgiving coming home after serving and having to make dinner and eat alone.  I find people who have family don't think about people who are alone.  They really have no sense of what alone really is about.

I have a short work week this week.  We are off for Veteran's Day.  Another plus working for a gov't agency... get all the holidays off.

Take care.  i hope you have a winning ticket!   Love and hugst to you too!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Black Cat Back 

I looked for you because my notifications showed 0.  I miss the big holiday dinners I use. to give for the big  family and also years ago when we all sat around the table ate, played games and enjoyed each others company

Then my daughter took over and I went, but didn,t enjoy. No one likes to talk to the old one in this family.. 

I will cook a cornish hen and stuff it with all the fixings.

Then I will zoom and have a cocktail with my sister in WA. and her partner.

We did this last year with her partner's parents in Oregon for Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years eve.

I decorate for me for fall and Christmas. Raises my spirit.

Have a good week and keep in touch.  Good night. Hugs.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@qvcaddition  and @Black Cat Back  I must say I enjoy reading your Posts. Hope you will keep Posting to each other. Hope it's ok to keep reading and I must thank @Desertdi  for notifying @qvcaddition  about the Thread.

Keep on Posting and I must say I am looking forward to reading. A pleasant week is wished to both of you.

The Posts really warm my HEART!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Sage04 

@Sage04 wrote:

@qvcaddition  and @Black Cat Back  I must say I enjoy reading your Posts. Hope you will keep Posting to each other. Hope it's ok to keep reading and I must thank @Desertdi  for notifying @qvcaddition  about the Thread.

Keep on Posting and I must say I am looking forward to reading. A pleasant week is wished to both of you.

The Posts really warm my HEART!!

Thank you so very much.  I didn't know know @Desertdi  was the one that able TennisBuf and I to be notified.  I thank you and will thank Desertdi.

We will keep it going as long as we are not removed. It helps a lot.  I do try to make it shorter, but I talk a lot. Before Covid I was out in the world a lot, but a lot shut down, so I had to keep myself busy on my own. I am interested in alot of different subjects, so my day is full. Thank you again and keep reading.

You also have a pleasant week and keep safe.