Honored Contributor

Local weather excitement

[ Edited ]

The canal that runs near my home was running swiftly this morning.  Not to worry, it has at least 10 feet to go before it reaches the top of its concrete banks, not to mention another 10-15 feet of sloping soil above that.

Nevertheless, it's running fast and swift, and a few years ago some poor folks farther upstream got washed away in this same canal.  One was rescued; the other poor soul passed away.

DSCN0526.JPG

DSCN0525.JPG

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

Re: Local weather excitement

@GingerPeach   Good that you are keeping an eye on it.  The weather has been so unsteady the past few years.

Sad that two people were swept away and that one was lost.

You just don't know where or when you are gone so we need to do our best to be decent and kind to all and enjoy the life we have.

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach Be careful. Some parts of the country are having unsettling weather.

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach 

Where is this located?

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach 

Please be safe, and stay dry.

It is dark, damp, rainy & cold here.  😑 Ugh

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

We received 9" snow Saturday night, 2" last night, and are expecting 6" more Tuesday. This is on top of the 18" we already received in February. I'm ready for spring.

Respected Contributor

@CalminHeart 

Please send your snow this way!  We live in north central NC.  The weekend of Dec 8th we had a foot of snow which was unusually early.  Since then, not one single flake!  The really aggravating thing about our big snow was we had to cancel a family party because most people were driving from other states.  We didn't want any accidents, so for safety we cancelled.  It would be nice to see a bit more snow before spring is in full bloom.  

Esteemed Contributor

The amount of rain we have received in my part of VA is unprecedented over the past year.  And more rain/snow/ice is on the way.

All it will take is sustained wind and major tree fall will happen.

Warning - water rises quickly.

Cogito ergo sum
Respected Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia 

Same with us!  If it snowed as much as it rained this winter the snow would probably reach to our second floor.  The other negative result of lots of rain and warmer temps, the bugs will be horrible this summer.  It hasn't been cold for long enough to kill them.