Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Mominohio. @Shanus.  I had a complete new roof put on my house in June of last year.  I didn't do a thing.  The roofers left the place in perfect condition with no pieces of shingles anywhere.  I picked up maybe 3 or 4 nails in the driveway and that was it.  I told the contractor before they started that I expected no trash left and they did well.

@Kachina624  I wasn’t as lucky w/ my roof replacement.

Me either. The head guy had to be watched like a hawk, as we wanted a lot of upgrades (and more than willing to pay any price for them) but he didn't think it necessary and was trying to cut corners every step of the way.

Esteemed Contributor

I live in the Finger Lakes area of upstate NY. Nobody wants to visit in the winter, when we suffer sub-zero temperatures and all sorts of precipitation. In summer, however, our area is beautiful. My husband and I will be hosting many visitors to our home...family and friends. At one point in August, two guests leave and two guests arrive...on the same day. I begged my cleaning woman to come help me out. She agreed. I will welcome the lousy weather when it returns.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden

I send Best wishes for your doggie.

Two things are certain about life, it changes, and it isn’t what you expected.  I try to remember that when it all gangs up at once.

Enjoy your new roof and siding, I’m sure it will be great.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras