Respected Contributor

I call this the treadmill of life.

Honored Contributor

Think in terms of important accomplishments getting done.  It's like road repair, it's the 2nd reason for summer.  LOL  Check them off one by one, maybe to never have to repeat.Woman Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

You've received wise encouragements. Being overwhelmed doesn't feel comfortable. In my 20s, an older relative of mine told me life was like a roller coaster. Ups and downs at varying speeds and dips. What went up must come down. Expect nausea. Be thrilled when the ride is over, then hang on..... there it goes again! I've thought about his advice many times. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

Is the jury duty in downtown Seattle?  That would panic me.

Honored Contributor

Hello SeaMaiden, sorry you are going through stress right now.  If affordable for you, call a cleaning service to clean bathroom and kitchen, floors and dusting.  Then you can relax about company coming.  It will be over soon and you can relax and be yourself again.  Good thoughts heading your way, SC

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden

It does seem that oftentimes life just muddles along with nothing pressing, then all at once, it is one thing after another. Not necessarily bad things, but just lots of things.

My advice would be to simply conquer one thing at a time, and it's nice they are spaced a bit apart, rather than three happening at one time. 

Those further off, will allow you to plan for them and be ready, that always makes things less stressful for me, to have plenty of time for lists, and preparation and planning. 

Especially wishing you well with the dog and upcoming surgery. 

It will all be over in short order, but it seems like busy periods like this just make life go even faster. Try to take some down time in between things to do something fun or special or relaxing for yourself.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden

Lots of things have gone on in my life, most of the real important things came one after the other or even at the same time. None of them were planned. My wife and I just dealt with them the best way we know how.

It taught us that most of the things that used to concern us, were/sre trivial in comparison. It's all how we deal with the things that come along, not when or how they happen.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Sorry you are having so many issues all at once to deal with.  It does tend to make a person feel overwhelmed at times.  My dear mother used to say, when it rains, it pours. Very simply stated but in other words, we must go with the flow!  Everything seems to come in waves and then washes back out again.  And hopefully, tranquility will be restored soon!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Have you ever noticed that sometimes everything in life seems to happen all at once.  That is how I feel right now.

I have  company coming over this coming a Monday July 9th....so I need to clean house really good...UGG😑.

on the 18th of July I was summoned to Jury duty...😩😫😠

on August 1, one  of my dogs  is having a Pace maker surgery.☹️☹️☹️

AND.... We we are having  a new roof and new siding put on the house in August and September 

Normally my life is quiet, calm and boring( which I love)

I just need to take a deep breath and BREATHE🙏🏻

Yes. @SeaMaiden. That’s definitely a lot going on at once. Does it help you to tackle one day/item at a time? I used to get such anxiety seeing my “month at a glance” calendar on my desk, that I changed to a weekly calendar. It keeps me from over-thinking all I have to do at once. 

Definitely breathe and hang in there. Everything will work out one at a time.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@SeaMaiden.  Surely you're not going to participate in the application of the roofing and siding.  You can sit in the shade with a cooling beverage and watch others work.

@Kachina624  Certainly she can remain “cool”, but we had our entire roof replaced over several days, the noise, mess all over the yard where they threw down old shingles, having men on ladders all around the house & having to check before using bathroom (every outside window has a transom not covered by shutters) & then when they left, it took us days to check the yard for nails/tacks that could endanger the dogs.

I get what @SeaMaiden has ahead of her.