Honored Contributor

We took my brother off life support yesterday. He's still breathing but they are shallow breaths and he isn't getting enough oxygen. He's on medication to make him comfortable. He's been sick for about 3 years. 

Yesterday morning, I begged Mom to come and take him to Heaven with her. A little bit after the ventilator was removed, he stared upward and mouthed "Mom"

I am heartbroken. He is only 60. I've taken care of him since he was born. My 91 yr old dad and I chuckle when we remember that Mom sometimes was a little irritated because I got to him first anytime he needed a diaper change, bottle, TLC, etc. Even after I moved out of the house, he would come stay with me. 

As the years went by, we grew closer. We even worked in the same division of a large corporation for 25 years. We have some of the same social groups. 

I love this guy and it's hard to imagine life without him. 

I've been at the hospital for a week. I'm pretty much a walking zombie. It's 3am now and I can't sleep. My friends and son are taking care of my sweet dog but he needs me too...and I need him. 

My brother will soon be in a better place and won't be sick anymore. 

Honored Contributor

4ACDAF65-0C06-4108-9FBF-0F7305DA8F9F.jpeg

Respected Contributor

@CalminHeart ...Your message brought tears to my eyes - as I am going through a somewhat simular situation. Please know that I am praying for your brother, you and the rest of your family...and feel this (((hug))) around you.  God Bless !!

Honored Contributor

@sarahpanda wrote:

@CalminHeart ...Your message brought tears to my eyes - as I am going through a somewhat simular situation. Please know that I am praying for your brother, you and the rest of your family...and feel this (((hug))) around you.  God Bless !!

I will think of you as I pray for my brother. Blessings and Peace.

Respected Contributor

I'm very sorry for what you and your family are going thru. Times like this are never easy. Take care of yourself. You all are in my prayers.

Respected Contributor

Blessings ❤ 

Regular Contributor

Prayers for you and your family.

"Some people look for a beautiful place. Others make a place beautiful."
Respected Contributor

@CalminHeart 

Prayers and Hugs!

Respected Contributor

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this difficult time.💕💕

Honored Contributor

Blessings to you and your family @CalminHeart .  Take care.