Respected Contributor

There have been several posts on hosts & even vendors language/word choices. Isaac is 1 of the worst at using "like". I just saw this posted on FB, & was surprised someone would actually TYPE the way they talk. This drives me crazy!

"I remember in like the 4th grade we write stuff to put in a time capsule was it ever retrieved and opened this would have been in like mid to late 1980".

Esteemed Contributor
Probably used "Talk to Text" feature.
So yes, it types exactly the way you talk.
Honored Contributor

If you speak that way then I am sure you would write that way.I hear many using the word” like “incorrectly but it is probably considered acceptable now.

Esteemed Contributor

has anyone noticed,  "I mean"  is over taking , "like"

Occasional Contributor

Starting sentences with "so" is also becoming an annoying norm.

Respected Contributor

@dexwrote:

If you speak that way then I am sure you would write that way.I hear many using the word” like “incorrectly but it is probably considered acceptable now.

I do. I save it for informal writing because it's a stylistic 'voice' choice. I also write professionally and absolutely do not use it that way when I am creating professional documents, presentations, or newsletters for my department.

People have been complaining about 'like' for, like, 50 years now. It's not going away. Words and language evolve - we should do the same.