Esteemed Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@Flika13   When I was at Macy's the dressing rooms were open with a monitor at the entrance.  Once the clothes were tried on they were put in another location for quarantine.  

I agree about taking the item home to try on, and possibly return, much more possibility of germs.  Penny's and Steinmart have the same policy.

The Macy's I visited, the dressing rooms were closed. They had a sale of 40% to 50% off on clothing. I agree what is the point of going to the store if you can't try on the clothing. I went to return some items.

As far as Kohl's, the one I go to looks like a junk yard. They used to have a nice petite clothing section but they moved it to another part of the store. It is a very small section. They used to carry Chaps but no longer. This is not a go to store or online store for me. They charge $8.95 for shipping and free shipping if you buy $75. I bought some items online on the 7th of June and they still have not arrived.  I got information it was to be on the 17th but changed to the 19th. Who knows when it will arrive. 

Valued Contributor

@elated  Sorry to hear your order is taking so long.I had posted in the Fashion board that I ordered last week,had a shipping number in 2 hours and got my delivery within 3 days on a Sunday.Maybe you should give them a call? I bet they would give you something for the inconvenience.

When you order online,check slickdeals or other sites for free shipping codes. They usually have a 30% off coupon too. Have you tried the store pickup option? They give you $5 Kohls cash if you pick up your order.Some items aren't available for that though.

I agree about the stores.I live in a major city and all the clearance racks should be burned.The rest of the store is okay but the clearance is too maddening for me. 

I saw a ton of Chaps on their website.I haven't been to their store since Feb. but I saw it there at that time. It's one of my favorite brands but must get sale or clearance pricing to suit me. 

Good luck on your shipment! I hope it shows up soon.

Esteemed Contributor

Our Kohls has been open for several weeks and the parking lot is always packed.  I have no idea if there are reduced hours, but I do feel that just causes more people trying to get in at one time.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Frequent Contributor

Bealls here in FL tell me that all returned garments need to still have their tags on and are separated from on the floor stock for at least a one week quarantine before returning to the racks.

Esteemed Contributor

@Estates wrote:

@elated  Sorry to hear your order is taking so long.I had posted in the Fashion board that I ordered last week,had a shipping number in 2 hours and got my delivery within 3 days on a Sunday.Maybe you should give them a call? I bet they would give you something for the inconvenience.

When you order online,check slickdeals or other sites for free shipping codes. They usually have a 30% off coupon too. Have you tried the store pickup option? They give you $5 Kohls cash if you pick up your order.Some items aren't available for that though.

I agree about the stores.I live in a major city and all the clearance racks should be burned.The rest of the store is okay but the clearance is too maddening for me. 

I saw a ton of Chaps on their website.I haven't been to their store since Feb. but I saw it there at that time. It's one of my favorite brands but must get sale or clearance pricing to suit me. 

Good luck on your shipment! I hope it shows up soon.

I received my order today. Kohl's used to be my go to place but it has changed drastically and I no longer shop at their store. I only buy their American Tees by Sonoma in June. Otherwise, I am a Macy's shopper. I never have to pay for shipping because I am a platinum member. They offer more rewards and benefits. 

Honored Contributor

Get ready for big changes at Kohl's (and maybe lots of other stores)!

• Fine print on coupons now like Macy's has lots of exclusions
  • Store empty no new merchandise -- ours looks like a "thrift" store☹️
  • Manager no longer can override "expired" Kohl's Ca$h (within 5 days they used to).
  • and used to be you could be a "few pennies" away from $50 they still issued $10 Kohl's Cash -- no more
  • When the first re-opened gave 30 days to use coupons & Kohls cash -- I said nothing in store would it be extended -- NO
  • must have actual coupon or code (or in app) to get charge customer discounts

I realize stores took a big "hit" being closed for months but Kohl's was one of the stores I shopped for many things for home since JCP in my area closed.  I wonder if they'll survive.

I also never shop the site online unless free shipping.  That's usually when I've shopped for GD and shipped to her.

Our store has someone at the front offering you a hand wipe/sanitizer, wiping the few carts they have, and that's the extent.  Although, I did notice cashier wiping counter down after each customer...more than I can say for other stores I've been recently.