Respected Contributor

Michelle Gass, the CEO of Kohls, has outlined seveal key points as many Kohls stores begin to re-open. I know many of us shop here and have not left our homes since the scourge started and are wary of going into a store.  Kohls (which is much more affordable than QVC and treats its customers better in my opinion with discounts) is taking important steps to keep us healthy. I have outlned them below as per Michelle Gaas

Reduced hours fom 11a-7p

Dedicated shopping hours for at risk individuals from 10a-11a every Wednesday

All Kohls associaes will wear masks while at work and will have wellness and temperature checks before every shift

Hand sanitize stations and social distancing markers throughout the store

Protective barriers at the checkout and return counters

Wider aisles to promote social distancing

Rigorous cleaning procedures, including sanitizing shopping carts between each customer and cleaning checkout and touch pads after each customer transaction

Closed fittting rooms and removed beauty testers to reduce and minimze touch points

Super Contributor

I dont understand the reasoning for closed  fitting rooms. Customers bring the items home where they are exposed to more germs

,more people, dirty floors, pets etc. and then returned.

Esteemed Contributor

Until they also limit the number allowed in at a time and require shoppers to wear masks, I will not go.

Honored Contributor

@Flika13   When I was at Macy's the dressing rooms were open with a monitor at the entrance.  Once the clothes were tried on they were put in another location for quarantine.  

I agree about taking the item home to try on, and possibly return, much more possibility of germs.  Penny's and Steinmart have the same policy.

Respected Contributor

I was in my local Kohl's today during the designated hour for at risk people. The employees were wearing masks and there was plexiglass at the checkout. Most of the shoppers were wearing masks. The inventory appeared to be a bit low. I got good deals as usual but did not spend as much time browsing. I bought a tee shirt for me, a sport shirt for my Dad and a candle. I ened up paying a little over $15.

Super Contributor

@Flika13 wrote:

I dont understand the reasoning for closed  fitting rooms. Customers bring the items home where they are exposed to more germs

I went to Kohl's wanting to purchase a workout shirt but left when I realized the dressing rooms were closed.  What's the point of opening the store for purchases if you can't try anything on?  Kohl's sells primarily clothes and shoes so it you might as well order things online then return them if need be. Saves you a trip to the store.

Respected Contributor

I overheard an employee say they may be opening the dressing rooms in a week or two.

Honored Contributor

In my life going shopping means trying things on. I prefer trying things on then & there so I know what fits & works for me. With fitting rooms closed there is really no reason for me to go clothes shopping in a store. 

Honored Contributor

@Flika13 wrote:

@Flika13, the difference is that people in a fitting room can spew the virus and get it on surfaces as well. The company probably cannot disinfect after each use.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

Reduced hours are worse.More people around at the same time.I agree with posters saying clothes brought home and returned have more germs.