Esteemed Contributor

Re: Just Uninvited To a New Years Eve Party!!

@AuntG Feedback yes.Nastiness & rudeness no!!

Respected Contributor

ha ha ha, sorry for laughing, but I think she was very courageous to actually come to your door to tell you, I would have called.   lol

Honored Contributor

• That is my opinion of your husband. Sorry you don't like it, but slamming a door in someone's face over a party invitation is rude too.  
Esteemed Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

@AuntG You don’t need to be impressed by my DH.He will go to the ends of the earth to protect me.That’s all I need to know. He has impressed me every day in our almost 40 years together!!

When you tell a story you should be prepared for all kind of feedback.  Your scolding if me tells me all I need to know about your happy marriage.

I agree that the husband's behavior was not exemplary, but I'm not sure why you think  you can tell anything about the OP's marriage.

He was caught off guard by the obnoxious neighbor and his protective instincts came out.  No one's perfect, and the OP knows him well enough to understand the reasons and his intent.  I'm sure she was prepared for all kinds of feedback when she posted -- I don't see her having an issue with that.  But you're out of line for suggesting that you have insight into something negative about their marriage when all you really want to do is lash out at her. 

Respected Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

For the last 20 or so years DH & I have chosen to spend New Years Eve home.We have our own little party with champagne, Hors d’oeuvres etc.

Last week we were invited to a New Years Eve party by an acquaintance in our development. We explained to her that we usually stay home.She convinced us to go saying that she would love to spend time with us. Since we could walk the block to her house & not have to drive we graciously accepted her invitation.She hugged me & said she was looking forward to seeing us.

Last night she came by again & said “ I have to uninvite you to our New Years Eve party.” She said she never expected so many positive rsvp responses,& no longer needs us to attend!! DH & I are stunned!!

DH told her that she lacked common decency & to never ring our bell again.He then slammed the door in her face!! 

Sorry for unloading. I’m just so upset!! 

@NicksmomESQ

If you can find out who the other "un invitees" are, you all can get together and have your own party!!!   animated-smileys-laughing-016.gif

Esteemed Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Daisy wrote:

You should have said, "What? What party? Oh, that's right...you had invited us to your NYE party. We forgot about that and made other plans.

Or

"Thanks for coming by to tell us that, but we weren't planning on showing up anyway."

Or

"Merry Christmas Ya Filthy Animal !"

(I'm joking about these responses, of course.)

Merry Christmas Ya Filthy Animal

I vote for #2.

I was leaning more toward #1.  But #2 is good too.  :-)

Esteemed Contributor

@NYC Susan wrote:

@AuntG wrote:

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

@AuntG You don’t need to be impressed by my DH.He will go to the ends of the earth to protect me.That’s all I need to know. He has impressed me every day in our almost 40 years together!!

When you tell a story you should be prepared for all kind of feedback.  Your scolding if me tells me all I need to know about your happy marriage.

I agree that the husband's behavior was not exemplary, but I'm not sure why you think  you can tell anything about the OP's marriage.

He was caught off guard by the obnoxious neighbor and his protective instincts came out.  No one's perfect, and the OP knows him well enough to understand the reasons and his intent.  I'm sure she was prepared for all kinds of feedback when she posted -- I don't see her having an issue with that.  But you're out of line for suggesting that you have insight into something negative about their marriage when all you really want to do is lash out at her. 

Thank you @NYC Susan !!  You said exactly what I feel !!  

Honored Contributor

@NYC Susan wrote:

@AuntG wrote:

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

Nor did the OP “scold” her - the OP simply indicated that what another poster who doesn’t know her thinks of her husband, or her, is of no consequence to her. One can say they wouldn’t have done “that” (whatever it might be), but you don’t have to make it personal - that’s a choice.

When you sling personal, you’d better be prepared to be slung at in return without whining that others were rude but insisting you weren’t. Others are viewing too.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Valued Contributor

I'd send Cousin Eddie (Christmas Vacation) over during the party to bring her to your doorstep wrapped with a bow to apologize LOL!!

Your husband did great don't let anyone tell you otherwise!!

Respected Contributor

I could see quietly closing the door in the woman's face, but not slamming it. Why sink down to her level?