Honored Contributor

Re: June 2023 Bird's Nest; Babies, Babies Everywhere :-)

[ Edited ]

Story time continued:

I have pyramid caps on the fence posts and wasn't sure about adding a different style cap to the gap filler post.

The post was key and once I had that I knew I was on my way.  I returned the supplies that I bought for the "off the books work" which would have required that the fence end post be reset and found the brackets I needed at Lowes (they will need a slight modification). While I was at Lowes I saw tubes of PVC glue next to the brackets and something said, grab a tube Bernie so I did.

I picked up a gothic cap from a different Home Depot (mine didn't have it).  I figured it would add almost 7 inches to the gap filler post and I might as well try it.  It doesn't look as weird as I thought it would.  

I just need to pick up some rustoleum white paint - it's been dreary here so I need to study how the sun hits the vinyl to determine if I need semi gloss or flat finish.

I have the patching supplies and tools for the gate latch holes. I have the new 2 sided keyed lock and gate pulls and treated myself to a new Makita drill/driver bit set (I needed a 1/2 inch paddle bit).  I have the post, a cap and all of the hardware for the gap.

I'm feeling really good right now Woman Very Happy

I learned Sunday night why I was prompted to by the PVC glue.  We had a brief period of blustery weather early Sunday evening and when I glanced out of the kitchen window into the backyard I saw my fence post caps flying all over like little UFOs.  You read that right - the fence folks didn't glue the caps on.  I was able to retrieve the runaways from my yard and the neighbor's yard and I will be securing caps on posts tomorrow once this rain moves out.

I'm telling this story for a reason.  Have faith and do not be discouraged. 

The guy who texted me on Tuesday to let me know that he didn't forget me and would drop off the post and concrete on Wednesday.  When he didn't show and didn't follow up, I said you can do it yourself Bernie.  Have faith and don't be discouraged.  By Saturday and Sunday everything I needed practically fell into my lap.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

hello all

Menards oh my gosh, have not remembered them in many ages. loved that store from way back when.

still rain around. another line is forming across the chesapeake bay about an hour west of us. we did get heavy rain in the overnight period, got a clap of thunder that was it thank heavens we did not get the serious storms earlier in the evening. they were getting hammered above the canal from us. very serious storms

got walk in, not much else

did get my hair cut today with the new gal at great clips. dh got his hair cut by a new barber,he did a marvelous job, all military cut (what little hair he has left.)

ok guys later.

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama  it sounds like you have great tenacity and it's bringing you great rewards.

I live in ENE PA, and I guess we had 3" of rain yesterday & last night. We've been in an official drought, so we needed rain.

There was a lot of lightning & thunder last night just before midnight. My fur baby is afraid of loud rain & thunder, so I knew I wouldn't get any sleep if I went to bed.

Although I had my dining room beige velvet drapes closed, one of the lightning strikes lit up the room. It was immediately followed by a bang of thunder that rattled the house and knocked off the metal cookie cutters hanging on a kitchen wall.

We're having more rain today & tonight, but tomorrow is supposed to be sunny again.

Honored Contributor

@Desert Lily  The air quality is really bad here today from the Canadian wildfires.  I've seen the haze here and there and today is the first day this fire season when the air smelled acrid.  All I could think about was the smoke particulates going into the wild birds' air sacs.  I've refreshed the outdoor water during the day and put treats out more times than I usually do in any given day.  I don't want any living thing outside to work harder than it has to in order to survive.  Honestly I wish the rain would loop around and clean the atmosphere.  As it is, one rain pattern has moved out and it will be icky until Thursday night.  I can't believe that I may have to wear a mask when doing the yard work this week.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

@Bird mama @viva923 

Birdie, You amaze me with all your knowledge in everything that we speak of here. It's too bad you hadn't lived closer. My DH had so many drill bits and electric tools that I am sure you could have found the one that would have worked for you. 

The air quality here is like zero. It's so full of hazy smoke outside here. They closed the pools this afternoon. I refuse to open even one window as I have asthma. A/C is on to help me breathe. 

@viva923  My Son In Law works at Menards, he's been there for about 15 years. DH loved that store. I still have a gift card of his. I should head over there one day when I feel better with my walking. The store is so huge. I am afraid I will need to wait a while.

I went to the Y this afternoon. The hours were shortened so I was only there about 40 minutes. 

Time to rest again.

Honored Contributor

Happy Wednesday Good Morning Images in 2021 | Good morning happy, Good morning images, Morning ...

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

hello all

not much today

did hang out. got sun and some wind out of the nor'west 

got our walks in that is it for now,later all

Respected Contributor

Hi Everybody,

The smoke from Canada is so bad again here. I am not going outside except to water my flower baskets. I think the smoke is even effecting them too. I wear a mask outside as I have asthma and boy it sure gets that riled up. 

I am staying close to home until this lets up a bit. They say tomorrow night about midnight it should get a little better.

WE NEED RAIN!!

Heavy rain at backyard Royalty Free Stock Images

Honored Contributor

Happy Thursday | Pet birds, Beautiful owl, Animals beautiful

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

hello all

not much today

did some bush,tree,brush trimming today got rid of abunch of branches causing problems.

mowed the lawn today, grass grew quite a bit

ok guys later.