Respected Contributor

@Bird mama 

Yes, we are in the path of extreme heat today. Temps will be about 99 with a heat index of 105-107. I hate to say, but I have a haircut appointment at noon. I'd like to cancel, but my hair is a massive wreck. I'll go and be back and that is it. Tomorrow we will be seeing some bad storms. They are speaking of a lot of hail and winds. I knew this summer would be a doozy. Stay cool and safe.

@Bird mama wrote:

Hello all, I went to an open house on Saturday for great niece's graduation from elementary school.  I didn't know this was a thing because I went to Catholic school.  The invitation was kind of last minute so I popped cash in a card.  My first gathering with a group since March 2020.  Let's say I was glad it was a yard party. 

I did yard work yesterday.  We're expected some storms tonight ahead of the warm front (heck I consider 95 a hot front).  I'll monitor the weather coming out of Wisconsin via twitter #MIWX so that I get an idea of what's coming.

@Leeny  I hope you are not in the path.  

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama 

Yesterday we got hammered with rain!! Almost 3 inches. I hate to see what we get tomorrow. 

Respected Contributor

Had some nasty weather here. Wind,rain and lightning. Very lucky and did not have any damage here or power loss. Some places had trees down and it is a mess to clean up. Many people without power still. Scary stuff.

Trusted Contributor

We got hmmered last night with rain, thunder and lightening.  I think that was the loudest thunder I ever heard. My trees all survived but there are many down in the area.  And guess we're in for an encore tonight.   The weeds  love it.  No one is messing with them.  

Honored Contributor

If there is one thing I learned over the years @viva923 , it's that it's in my best interest to watch the weather coming from the great states of Minnesota and Wisconsin.  Sure, sometimes I get stuff that blows up from Illinois and Indiana, but most of the time it comes down at an angle from WI and MN.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

I almost hate to write this @Leeny  and @hellie jo both of the storm fronts missed me.  I got a little bit of rain last night but the hellacious winds dipped south.  My heart goes out to those in the great state of Ohio and anyone in the Ohio Valley weather region.  Those folks seem to catch it no matter what.

Honored Contributor

Yea Betty @yock  I saw Indiana getting it and poor Ohio was getting it from some other storm before the mess that came outta Wisconsin.  I have a thing about wind and my favorite weather guy (Paul Gross) said South MI and North Indiana saw near 100 mph winds.  Woman Surprised

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama 

Since yesterday was a cooker... and today is a bit cooler, about 10 degrees; we've been left now with that heavy and hot humidity, Plus we got some more rain. Another stay in day for me. Plus my left leg and knee are really hurting today. I imagine this weather is part of the culprit. GS is here until 2 and he's good with being inside. I imagine in about an hour it will be... 'I am hungry Grammy" lol

Honored Contributor

hey all

Leeny try that VOLTAREN cream sauve it is now being sold off shelf (use to be perscription only) that stuff is really good. I am on aspirin therapy so I can only use it 2xs a day. but it is working for my foot,really has relieved the pain, almost back to 100% can't believe how good this foot feels. my PCP said it was OK for me to use it as long as i don't go over the 2x's a day rub in to foot thing.

anyway, did grocery shop today, i have major blood draw tomorrow and dh is home (dental appoint for his bridge install work on front 2 teeth at 1030am

ok guys see all later.

Trusted Contributor

viva,I had Voltaren RX one time but my Dr. had me buy bio freeze as it was sold OTC. It works just as good,in case one can not find voltaren.