Respected Contributor

June 2020 Back Fence Gathering

Well not sure how much gathering we still will or will not be able to do, but have to give it a try. Warm - actually hot - weather is returning to us and I am not happy about that. So be it however.

We had a 5 p.m. curfew yesterday - no fun at all and people reacted like idiots of course. No rioting or things like that, just panicking to get things - we originally had been put on a 6 p.m. notice and then were given about an hour's notice our County would be on curfew at 5 p.m. instead of 6. Got eerily quiet at 5 - nothing going on here and everyone well shuttered. Even the kids were hidden - that was a good thing. We have one group that are on their bikes ALL DAY long and a couple of them are a tad obnoxious - deliberately bugging the dogs. Sometimes I wonder where the parents went. Guess they just put them outside and that is that. For the most part they are well behaved but always some that are NOT.

Hope all have a great day.

Honored Contributor

Re: June 2020 Back Fence Gathering

Thank you for shoring up the Back Fence @Winifred   I moved the two zero gravity lawn chairs and the convert a bench into the gazebo that I set up last month at the Back Fence Woman WinkWoman Happy

The convert a bench is popped up like 1/2 a picnic table and on it is some lemonade, iced tea and a small cooler with fresh fruit in it.  It was so beautiful and chilly around my part of the fence for a couple of days and we are going from a low of 60 to upper 80's today.  Yuck.

Iced Tea Recipe | Drinks Recipes | Tesco Real Food

Fresh Lemonade Recipe - Add a Pinch

Fruit Platter 101: How to Make an Epic Fruit Tray | Umami Girl

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Winifred wrote:

Well not sure how much gathering we still will or will not be able to do, but have to give it a try. Warm - actually hot - weather is returning to us and I am not happy about that. So be it however.

We had a 5 p.m. curfew yesterday - no fun at all and people reacted like idiots of course. No rioting or things like that, just panicking to get things - we originally had been put on a 6 p.m. notice and then were given about an hour's notice our County would be on curfew at 5 p.m. instead of 6. Got eerily quiet at 5 - nothing going on here and everyone well shuttered. Even the kids were hidden - that was a good thing. We have one group that are on their bikes ALL DAY long and a couple of them are a tad obnoxious - deliberately bugging the dogs. Sometimes I wonder where the parents went. Guess they just put them outside and that is that. For the most part they are well behaved but always some that are NOT.

Hope all have a great day.

@Winifred 

I remember back in the '60s when we had curfews due to similar circumstances.  We lived on a very busy street and back then, we didn't have air conditioning so when the weather got warm our window were open.  It was always noisy.

During the curfew it was eerily quiet on our street.  No cars going by at all.  My father enjoyed it because that was the first time he could actually hear the TV with all the windows open!

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

Thank you for shoring up the Back Fence @Winifred   I moved the two zero gravity lawn chairs and the convert a bench into the gazebo that I set up last month at the Back Fence Woman WinkWoman Happy

The convert a bench is popped up like 1/2 a picnic table and on it is some lemonade, iced tea and a small cooler with fresh fruit in it.  It was so beautiful and chilly around my part of the fence for a couple of days and we are going from a low of 60 to upper 80's today.  Yuck.

Iced Tea Recipe | Drinks Recipes | Tesco Real Food

Fresh Lemonade Recipe - Add a Pinch

Fruit Platter 101: How to Make an Epic Fruit Tray | Umami Girl

@Bird mama 

Lovely fruit plate! 😋

Honored Contributor

Wonderful looking plate, but what is the pink skinned stuff with a white center and black speckles?

Trusted Contributor

Auntg,I believe it's dragon fruit. Tried some one time,not very tasty to me. 

Esteemed Contributor

Lovely, refreshing. A lot of work went into this. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

hey all

don't  know much about paint. All i know about this paint was it is Val=spar, stain/sealent. That is all.

sheet day for me, several loads of laundry today. Could not hang out, it was cloudy and even had a couple spits of rain. 

Not much else see all later.

Trusted Contributor

Birdmama,I sure do love fruit salad 😋or fresh fruit. 
Winifred,I know how you feel, tomorrow we're supposed to hit 95deg. Way to early for that heat even in No. Va.

a totally boring day,did nothing worthwhile.

Honored Contributor

@AuntG   Dragon Fruit

Red Pitaya Dragon Fruit Information, Recipes and Facts

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise