Honored Contributor

Re: June 2019 is here for the Back Fence Group -

@Epicurean you're right.  You know, ever since I got my tattoo, I've been so careful to not expose it to sun.  I cut grass and do yard work in long sleeves I'm that paranoid about fading my tattoo.  Hey, the artist was visiting from California so it's not like I can get an easy touch up.  I did get a little sun on that arm and I immediately applied aquaphor to it.  I only washed the really burned arm.  I'm an idiot.  That was the first day I wore a short sleeved top  in direct sunlight for an extended period of time since it warmed up.   I just bought coppertone water babies with 50 SPF a couple of weeks ago.  Sigh.  I deserve to suffer, lol.

I put some cortisone 10 on that arm once I washed it again.  I like the bottle that has a 'bingo dotter' thing on top. 

Image result for cortizone 10

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Epicurean   $200 is not bad for anything electrical. 

Trusted Contributor

we were lucky W/the A.C.,but it’s older and will have to be replaced in the near future I’m sure.

well,dear hubby is just left with groundhog #3,moving it to a new home. We saw it out on the back lawn. I went out on the porch and chased it away. Within a half hour it was back and in then trap. I’m guessing this is going to go on all summer 🤪

Honored Contributor

Good grief @Epicurean   you're up to number 3?   Did you have this many groundhogs in the past? 

Meanwhile I still don't see Gerry, my groundhog.  I pray every day that if Gerry is still alive, he comes back home where he is welcome.  

I just checked the weather and it looks like another 7 to 10 days of upper 80's with some humidity.  Yuck.

Trusted Contributor

I’m sure there were groundhogs here,we have lots of undeveloped land and woods nearby but until this year I never saw a groundhog in our yard. It’s not that there in my yard,but there eating plants that we bought,and were not inexpensive. They seem to have good taste 😅.

Honored Contributor

My groundhog Gerry came home yesterday afternoon.  Heart  I don't know where he was the past 30 days and what he saw.  He's thinner than he was and skittish so I have to rebuild the trust.  

Trusted Contributor

I'm so happy he found his way home.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Epicurean wrote:

we were lucky W/the A.C.,but it’s older and will have to be replaced in the near future I’m sure.

well,dear hubby is just left with groundhog #3,moving it to a new home. We saw it out on the back lawn. I went out on the porch and chased it away. Within a half hour it was back and in then trap. I’m guessing this is going to go on all summer 🤪

@Epicurean   LOL, I hope this is the last.  

Trusted Contributor

mousiegirl,hope it’s the last also. But I’m thinking where there’s 3 there’s probably many more. At least we can trap and move them. What a pain in the neck they are.

Trusted Contributor

We had raccoons in the fireplace a few years ago.  I kept hearing something but no one believed me.  The damper was closed.  Then one morning another raccoon decided to share the space.  What a racket they made and they weren't leaving.   Called animal control but they don't remove them. Gave us a private company to call.  They came out   One got on the roof and one in the house. The one One in The house pounded on the damper but those raccoons were staying.   Finally the guy in the house asked me for some matches and newspaper.  He lit it and held up to the damper.   Up the chimney they went. The guy on the roof  said there they go.  There's a creek at the end of the street so guess that's where they came from.  They did put a cap on the chimney for me.   It sounds like they were going to tear the house down.