Respected Contributor

Arrrgggh.  It's going to be a long lonely winter.  A couple of days ago it was in the 70's and I was outside painting the carport.  This morning it's snowing.  The older I get the more I dislike winter.  I can't afford to be a snowbird or else I would go to Arizona.  With the spike in Covid I'll be spending most of my time in solitary confinement in my house.  I'm starting the countdown until April.

Trusted Contributor

Snowing here too. No complaints- live in Colorado and we need this for  the fires burning. The freezing temps. that came with this front..... well, could do without that !!

Esteemed Contributor

For the first time this fall, I went out to make sure the hummer nectar wasn't frozen.  Winter is coming fast.

Respected Contributor

@violet runner wrote:

Snowing here too. No complaints- live in Colorado and we need this for  the fires burning. The freezing temps. that came with this front..... well, could do without that !!

Yes, Colorado definitely needs the snow.   Hoping the fires are out soon.

Respected Contributor

@violet runner another Coloradan!  Same as you, not thrilled with the temps but let's hope the mountains get a lot of snow to help put out the horrific fires. 

Respected Contributor

And I just saw on our local news that the US will have a mild winter with above normal temps and less precipation.  So much for that.  A couple of weeks ago, Fall arrived right on schedule for us which was unusual.  It was so nice to turn of the AC and open the windows and get that nice, refreshing cooler air.  It didn't last long.  We've been almost in the 80's with high humidity for some time now and I'm tired of it.  

Respected Contributor

We saw quite a temperature change yesterday. Friday was 80 and yesterday was a high of 50. Not complaining. I love the colder weather just not ready for Winter yet though.

Super Contributor
Another happy dance for snow here in Boulder, CO! More cold, more snow is what we need to reduce our wildfires and smoky air.
Esteemed Contributor

I'm in Arizona and it's still in the high 80's and frankly I'm sick of it. After having 150 days of over 100 degrees I would love to see rain, snow and cold. 

Respected Contributor

@violet runner wrote:

I live in Arvada CO so yes we need the snow to help with the fires. Not crazy over the freezing cold either but keep the snow coming!