Respected Contributor

I am an active Facebook user, but have no clue about Instagram. Can anyone explain the purpose, or the joys of Instagram?? I have an account, but don't know what I'm doing. I was reading on the Instagram Facebook page, a lot of people have been hacked. Is this common on there, as on facebook. I do NOT want that hassle. Am I better off, staying away? 

Esteemed Contributor

I have an account on Instagram....but I rarely post anything. My friends on it rarely do either....

Respected Contributor

I have a private account on Instagram. I had my ds put it on my phone so I could see pics of my granddaughter. My ddil post everything to Instagram. I discovered Instagram when trying to download pictures that my ddil would post on her Facebook page. It wouldn't allow me to copy them because they were from Instagram. I rarely post anything but follow two of my nieces, my ddil and my other ds. I think the younger generation prefers it to Facebook. They can keep everyone up to date on their "story" or "journey" on a daily/hourly basis and also have a log for themselves. Since you use your phone, you can post pictures/videos instantly. My one niece moved from the east coast to the west coast last year. She's done some extensive travelling both here and abroad during this time, including going to Abu Dubai and Peru. I've enjoyed seeing her journey and all she's accomplished. I also have a private Facebook account. I never use it. I like Instagram better. I don't know anything about the hacking.

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Esteemed Contributor

@TX-starlight

You can follow your friends, celebrities and even pets accounts.

Enjoy seeing my daily posts of golden retriever stars of instagram.

I don't post. I just have fun looking at picturesSmiley Wink

Honored Contributor

Google Instragram.....it will tell you all you need to know.   I rarely post anything on Instagram but I do enjoy it, much more than FB.  I follow friends, family, some celebrities, some retailers.....anything that interests me.  National Geographics is one of my favorites.  

Esteemed Contributor

I have one for my dog. I only follow pet and animal accounts. Ifs fun to see the silly pictures and videos of animals.