Esteemed Contributor

Where I live they noise is allowed between 7a and 10p weekdays and 8a to 10p on weekends.

After a graveyard shift which ended at 7a, shortly after I got home a neighbor started running a steamshovel:  I called the PD, no more steamshovel!  I did have a neighbor who always had a habit of running his leaf blower to clean his driveway.  Since it was within the normal hours there, I just had to suffer through it.  However, when his son began working multiple shifts, kinda got payback though I never, ever used a leaf blower to sweep a driveway.  Payback's a #itch!

I do consider neighbors and make sure my furbaby complies.  Good Karma.

Trusted Contributor

@Rose429  5 Frenchies? Wow! I'd probably be over there petting them. I've only got 1. Smiley Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

My son has 3 @BoopOMatic , they are too cute. 

Trusted Contributor

@qvcfreak  Having a Frenchie was on my bucket list!

Respected Contributor

In my HOA no yard work is allowed by contracters at least on the weekend, the quiet times start much later than 7, I  am not positive of the time on Sundays.  If this guys is retired he can do it like you said during the week, this is just rude.

Maybe he is having company later today if this isn't a regular thing.

Super Contributor

@BoopOMatic @They r cute but unfortunately they have them to breed and have unfixed females with their unfixed offspring. I think u can see how that is going to come out. They r not given the love I am sure u give urs. Makes me sad

Valued Contributor

My neighbor set up lights and was shingling his roof way into the night , when they were still hammering on the roof after midnight , l set my car horn off  , car was out in the drive .  The pounding stopped ! 

What made it even worse , l had been out of town for a few days with my daughter , came back on a friday evening before Labor Day to discover the A/C stopped working , hubby didn't call to get it fixed ,he likes the heat . So with a 3 day weekend , unable to get it fixed for a few days , I had all the windows in the house open , sounded like they were putting shingles on my bedroom walls . Of coarse we had hot weather , it was 87 degrees in my house when the repair guy came . 

Respected Contributor

@lgfan wrote:
There will always be people who are inconvenienced by yard work. Some people work at night and sleep during the day. Any work that is done during the day will be a problem for day sleepers.

I think its fair to assume the majority of people sleep at night and 7am on a Sunday is just rude.

Respected Contributor

It's cooler in the morning & much easier to work then.

I like watering the grass & shrubs on Sunday mornings because I don't have to worry about anyone getting wet from the sprinkler, and it's still shady on that side of the house so the water can soak in & not get scorched off.

@Meowingkitty  has a very good point.

Dogs barking, babies crying, & lawn mowers running early in the morning are the music of life.

Honored Contributor

The boys in the trashy trailer above my mom finally have jobs again, so every night from about 9:30-1:00, they are in the driveway working on cars.  First you hear the revving of the engines, then they back out of the driveway, drive down the road, turn around, and drive wide open down this straight stretch back to their driveway.  Adjust the engine some more, and repeat.  3+ hours of this every night!  

No cars up there today, so they must be on a river bank somewhere for the holiday.  Yay!