Honored Contributor

Our HOA has strict rules re: when to begin and end yard work that's noisy...also have to get appoved every fence, yard structure, dog houses, too and shub changes, etc. 

Noisy equipment 9AM-8PM only 7 days a week. During the summer months when teens and/or retired folks sleep late, there are still complaints. You cannot please everyone.

Trusted Contributor

@4kitties  You can order pepper spray, stun guns, or tazers from Amazon.

Honored Contributor

I never understood why people expect others to cater to their wants. Big deal if he mows, pounds, etc etc. It's his space. 

MYOB and have a nice day in your own back yard.

Frequent Contributor
Usually, what people are doing on their own property doesn’t bother me in the slightest. Yard work noises, dogs barking, kids playing loudly…it’s all white noise to me. Even the occasional late night holiday fireworks session or the occasional sound of a running generator doesn’t phase me.

What DOES get on my nerves is when you bring your nonsense onto my property. I once had a neighbor (still don’t know which one it was) dump all the boxing/packaging for their new grill beside my trash bins because - at the time - I was the only one paying for a recycling bin. Well, my trash company will not pick up anything that’s not placed inside the bin. My husband ended up just breaking it down and putting it in our bin anyway, but that stuff took up the whole thing, and I couldn’t use it again until they picked up the trash again the next week.

I currently have neighbors who seem to think it’s okay just to let their dog out the front door when it needs to use the bathroom. Guess whose front yard it likes to dump in? And it ain’t a small dog either. I spend enough time cleaning up after my own dog (who stays behind my FENCE or on her LEASH.) If a dog occasionally gets loose, that I understand. But I’ve seen them let it out on purpose to have a run about. If you don’t have the money for a fence, are unwilling to train your dog to stay on your own property, or are too lazy to take it out on regular walks, DON’T GET THE DOG.
Esteemed Contributor

@PamHeet wrote:

I currently have neighbors who seem to think it’s okay just to let their dog out the front door when it needs to use the bathroom. Guess whose front yard it likes to dump in? And it ain’t a small dog either. I spend enough time cleaning up after my own dog (who stays behind my FENCE or on her LEASH.)

Scoop it up with a shovel and throw it on their driveway.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus   At  times I wished there was a HOA in our neighborhood...for the most part, we live in a nice neighborhood, but there are a couple of homeowners that let their property go to pot, heaven forbid they trim bushes or clean up debris afer mowing.

Frequent Contributor
@Daisy Sunflower Ha! Good idea. Extra points the closer you can get to their front porch.
Valued Contributor

@Daisy Sunflower wrote:

@PamHeet wrote:

I currently have neighbors who seem to think it’s okay just to let their dog out the front door when it needs to use the bathroom. Guess whose front yard it likes to dump in? And it ain’t a small dog either. I spend enough time cleaning up after my own dog (who stays behind my FENCE or on her LEASH.)

Scoop it up with a shovel and throw it on their driveway.

A wonderful suggestion if you want to start a neighborhood war !

Respected Contributor

Re: Inconsiderate neighbors

[ Edited ]

The dog poop incident reminds me of the ID show "Fear Thy Neighbor". You don't want to end up on that show. 😁

Esteemed Contributor

@CalminHeart 

I worked Graveyard shift for several years. It was decades before even answering machine were even around. Did most of my sleeping during the daylight hours. And wouldn't ya know it! The world around me kept on chugging as usual, noise and all.

hckynut 🇺🇸

@CalminHeart wrote:

I never understood why people expect others to cater to their wants. Big deal if he mows, pounds, etc etc. It's his space. 

MYOB and have a nice day in your own back yard.

hckynut(john)