Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: I will no longer shop at JCP

@Just Bling,  I totally disagree.  I believe it is important to share your experiences but everyone should make their own decisions.  I may not shop at JCP again and you may.  I found the store I was in to be dumpy.  When you call several times on different days and get the same recording about how many minutes you have to wait to talk to someone -- that is a problem for me.  I'll take Nordstrom any day.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Actually, 19 days isn't all that bad when comparing the wait using a Q, HSN, JTV, or Lands End postage paid return label.   I rarely use them anymore.  I can send them by priority mail with tracking and delivery confirmation for less if I print the labels from USPS.com.  

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Just Bling,  I totally disagree.  I believe it is important to share your experiences but everyone should make their own decisions.  I may not shop at JCP again and you may.  I found the store I was in to be dumpy.  When you call several times on different days and get the same recording about how many minutes you have to wait to talk to someone -- that is a problem for me.  I'll take Nordstrom any day.

I'm with you, KatCat.  

Respected Contributor

Only read the first page of responses but when I lived in smaller towns they only had the smaller JC Penneys and Belks and they got rid of all those mini stores in our small town and others nearby.  I moved to a new house in the burbs and found some curtains at JCP online that I loved.  

Someone told me I should go to our local mall to their actual store bc I can get better deals.  I did and she's right - they combined both in-store and online sales and got a great price and free shipping but I'll say one thing - - -  the store was empty.  I went by the other day and now they have huge signs outside notifying the public that they now have a much larger appliance section.  I think JCP, Belk and Macys at our local mall are all dying a slow death and have been for awhile and now it appears they are really "reaching" for different things to try to stay relevant.  

Respected Contributor

I visit my local JCP store for two reasons...

I wear Levi's 505, straight leg, slim cut jeans and not only are they one of few places where I can buy them in a store, they have the best price.

The in-store Sephora. I don't buy/wear much make-up, but they carry what I use in stock at the store. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~