Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie

How about something like this?

Esteemed Contributor

@Imaoldhippie  That answers a lot of questions. Thanks.

How about a nice, simple silk bouse with dressy slacks or a long skirt and sandals? Silk is cool when it's hot and warm if you are in AC. It's the best fabric for any weather. And, it's dressy for your place in the wedding . . . yet wearable for anyplace! 

Unless you are able to find a classic, up-scale maxi dress, I'd skip that idea. Maxi dresses are too house-dress in appearance for a wedding IMO.   

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

@lolakimono...........beautiful and I really like it, but I dont bare my upper arms.  I have the Batwoman wings.

Im such a pain to buy clothes anymore.  Hide my upper arms, hide my belly area, hide my legs.  Geesh  maybe I should just wear monk robes. LOL.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

JMO, if this is your stepson's wedding I think you need to be a little more dressed up than a tunic and leggings even if it is going to be a casual afternoon affair.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I need some advise/help

[ Edited ]

@Imaoldhippie  Go to your nearest Dillard's store and ask for help. A good salesperson in their better clothing department will be happy to help you with the appropriate style and fit.

ETA: Begin looking now, @Imaoldhippie. I found my dress for my neice's wedding in January last year. I originally brought home several things. But their wedding was the entire weekend and I needed many outfits. Things sell out quickly. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

I would wait until closer to June and find something.  I would suggest absolutely not wearing leggings to a wedding of any type.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

I would look elsewhere all the pretty vacation clothing is now starting to come into the stores much nicer then  Susan Graver clothing on QVC.

Valued Contributor

I bought that top in both pink and ivory and returned  both.  I am sixty six years young and I wear an XL and it was not flattering.  Maybe if I was around 5'9" or taller.  Also, very important, the pink leans more towards peach, and when I took it outside for better lighting it read nothing but peach.  If you have your heart set on a pink top I would not recommend it.  The pockets were like flashing lights!  I also have salt and pepper hair thinking the "pink" would look nice, wrong!. Hope you end up with something you love and have a great time at the wedding!

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie@What about a maxi dress and sandals.You would be cooler without something on your legs and the dress would be more comfortable.

Honored Contributor

@coconut1818............Thanks just what I needed to know.  I will not be ordering that tunic.

I will take the advise from the others and wait for a while to see what comes out for spring and summer.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)